Changing all Power Window switches to Auto switches

Michael Hossen

Hi

I have the urge to change all of the power window switches in my 05 Altise to the Automatic ones, just like the drivers window. Does anyone know if this is possible and where I would get the switches(I'm guessing I should ask my local dealer).

I hope that this is as simple as changing the switches out but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more difficult.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Michael

Edited by Michael Hossen

yep, it's just the switches that you will need to change. just a case of popping out the door insert, then the switch assembly, disconnecting the connectors and replacing them. too easy.

yep, it's just the switches that you will need to change. just a case of popping out the door insert, then the switch assembly, disconnecting the connectors and replacing them. too easy.

Ahh, sweet. I'll pop on down to Toyota and find out how much they want for the switches...

Thanks mate! :D

Sure you can change the switches, but you won't get the automatic up/down functionality. The latching circuit for that is only on the drivers door as far as I'm aware.

not that i've found. a while ago i was playing around with this, and swapped the drivers side and passengers side switches around on the drivers door panel, and it worked fine.

i think if you were to replace the switches on ALL doors (not just the drivers door control panel) then it may not work.

It all depends, have a play around before going to waste your money on new switches do as lateralus said and swap the drivers door switch with the passenger door switch and see if it works?

Good idea actually, i might try it out

It all depends, have a play around before going to waste your money on new switches do as lateralus said and swap the drivers door switch with the passenger door switch and see if it works?

Thanks Danny. I will try the drivers' auto switch in the other doors.

I first thought of doing this after my parents picked up a BMW that has this feature... It's a really handy thing to have I reckon.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Danny. I will try the drivers' auto switch in the other doors.

I first thought of doing this after my parents picked up a BMW that has this feature... It's a really handy thing to have I reckon.

Any update on this, did you get the Auto Function to work on all doors, or just the front?