getin my car back this w/e

robie

hey guy just wanted to tell u bout my roll

it was red faided with a little rust :(

so i decided to ask around bout respray prices

and after askin a panel shop then a mate i diced a mate was the cheaper n in this case the better option as the penal shop wanted 4g,s just for paint my mate only wanted 2.5-4g's depending on parts i monitored his progress was very happy with his penal work prep n honesty he had a spray painter do the sparying in a both using 2pak not acrilic paint ;) and if he ran into problems rather then just goin ahead with the work he'd ask me any way heres the before shots when i get it back i'll post some after shots

so you didn't do the bumper?

He might have a fully sik FMIC to fit behind a hektik front bumper that he hasn't got around to putting back on yet?

The only photo that really tells me anything about the paint is the rear left quarter, and that looks quite nice and fresh.

Cheers, Gav.

nah not gettin it sprayed i like it black i think makes it look tougher n i already have a front mount cooler 75mm thick hiden behind the bar

n yes i know theres not a whole lot of difference that u can see on the net but u really notice it up close more so if u sore it before i had it sprayed

Edited by robie

nice car mate but i agree paint the front bumper, or was it not meant to be painted? add a grill to make it a sleeper hehe.

oh btw nice wheels too, wat are they called?

i cant remember i know there by apec racing

• 3 weeks later...

more pics

now with stickers and badges

TRD of course

oh and it back on the road new turbo smart bp bov is fitted(20+ psi again 20+ psi again yay :yahoo: )

post-10623-1231140518_thumb.jpg

post-10623-1231140643_thumb.jpg

:yahoo: just got back from drivin my car 20.3psi yes yes yes 170kmph in about 400m yes yes yes(slight up hill400m) :yahoo: Edited by robie

• 3 weeks later...

finally fixed some oil leaks at remote oil filter housing now to fit the heat shield to turbo manifold and make timing belt cover then i can get it engineered

• 1 month later...

so i got my car retuned on a different dyno glad i did car feels like it makes more hp its smoother and it revs over 7500rpm but heres the catch

on original dyno tune it made 252fwhp

on new dyno it only made 211.9 fwhp but it feels so much quicker

why do dynos have to be so inconsistent

the tuner guy did state that he has had cars that have made over 280 hp only make 220 hp on his dyno with out touching tune at all maybe i should have got him to check before retuning any way its a whole different monster now and i love it still have to take it to wsid to get some real figures xoom your the bench mark im out to beat :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
yes i do dont use it often though

that pic that your rolla

Was my rolla, its been parted out, ive got a lime green nugget ae112r i tryed to race your old ae92 in it hah, also have a red 20v turbo ae82, but you havnt seen that round yet its still getting built, should come round and check it out sometime, i'm keen to have a look at your car to.

Edited by Poggy

yeah be interesting to see a built turbo 20v i mean ive seen turbo 20v's but none built with the exception of rigolies of course

how much power you hopin for

when will it b finished

oh yeah recent new adition to the automotive family my gf finally got her new car she ordered back in october

anfortunately its not a corolla

but it is turbo and a 1.6l

its a mini but no regular mini its a john cooper works (jcw)

its cool still no match for my 1.6l turbo

yeah it needs a polish tho he told me it will need atleast 2or 3 more to bring it up smik