Need your opinion

Hi guys,

I have a VW, and bought it brand new from a dealership.

recently about 3,500km i started hearing clicking noise coming from the sides (dashboard). I've been going back to the dealership for 3 times so far. Each time they give me the key, it has been fixed. then driving home that same day, id still be hearing the noise.

I'm pretty much had enough now. So what can/should do???? Obviously they wouldnt give me a new car... (i'll go back this monday to make a formal complain)

Ask to take one of the service people for a drive with you and show them the noise, then when they have fixed it ask one of them to come for a drive with you to confirm the noise has gone.

And then trade it for a Toyota

Don't listen to all these ppl that tell you to buy a Toyota. Anyways, you should really be asking this question on somewhere like vwwatercooled.org.au or vwvortex. A bit more info would be of help too, like what model, is the clicking electrical or a rattle type noise over bumps. Just go back to your dealer, ask for the service manager, and have a bit of spit asking for it to be fixed properly.

Don't listen to all these ppl that tell you to buy a Toyota. Anyways, you should really be asking this question on somewhere like vwwatercooled.org.au or vwvortex. A bit more info would be of help too, like what model, is the clicking electrical or a rattle type noise over bumps. Just go back to your dealer, ask for the service manager, and have a bit of spit asking for it to be fixed properly.

you could do that or you could trade it in for a toyota

choice is yours

Just do what the dealership is probably doing and just spray the sides with CRC/WD40/other squeak-stopper :P Taking a dash apart to diagnose little rattles or squeaks is a major major task for minimal benefit, and we all know dealerships are lazy :P

yeah I dont want to buy a toyota. Had 2 Toyotas previously. i've asked in those 2 forums as well....