1990 Camry upgrades

SPLcamry

I have a 1990 toyota camry 2L 3SFE 4cyl 5spd man sedan. I am looking for performance parts. I have a budget of $500 and only want parts that will increase HP or just any upgrade that will fit my car.

I already have a driFt pod filter,new leads, plugs and dizzy cap.

Edited by SPLcamry

IF you can find a set of extractors for that, and a more free-flowing exhaust... you may be in luck.

Honestly, them engines aren't the first thing you look at to go faster. By the time you spend on making it maybe pull an extra 5kw, you could look for the 2VZFE and swap that in instead?

Orrrrrrrrr... 3SGTE :P If not, just normal 3SGE :)

I could point you in the direction of Greg (aka 89Camry) who has a 89 Gen 2 Show Car with a 3SGTE?

Orrr... if you're up for a bit of a "one off", I'd imagine you hit up a normal 3SGE engine (3SGTE without the Turbo) and start from there mate.

The 2VZFE is the V6 that you can get in the Gen 2 Camrys.... 2.5L or thereabouts? I've heard there can be problems with this, so the 3SGE might be a better engine to work with if you're after performance parts.

Most performance parts for Camrys didn't happen until they made the charger for the 1MZ engines and all :)