slimline weathersheilds

Sera30

Hey Guys

Just bought some of those slimeline weathersheilds that i have noticed some of you guys have got. B) i think they look cool

I have read up on the instructions but i thought i'd check up with you guys regarding anything i should know before i get started with installing them?

Edited by sera709

After installing more of these things then you have had hot breakfasts... my suggestions are this... (assuming these are the stick on ones....)

make sure the area you are attaching them to is clean... once you think it is clean... clean it again just to be sure... use a lint free cloth to do this. (NO tussie or kitchen paper...)

In the pack should be some alcohol wipes. Dont suck on them... they taste like crap... not that i would know... a friend told me... yes, thats right.. a friend...

Dont open these until you are ready to use them...

Do you have a heat gun ? kinda like a hair dryer, but HOTTER!! it's not 100% needed, but at least a hot hair dryer is. A hair dryer will just require more time to heat the same surface area... DO NOT! heat the area you are sticking the shield to (ie: the car).. what you need to do is to heat the shied and the tape to a point where you can barely touch it. how hot?... about 4 degrees below melting point... ok, so not that much... but the shield should have a nice pliable feel to it.

once its at that pliable point... clean the car with the alcohol wipes and peel up the ends of the paper off the tape and bend them at 90degrees to the tape. The shield should now be hot and pliable with about 1inch of tape showing at both ends... these are the mount points.

Mount the shield to the car and make sure its stitting where you want it. it should be stuck down at both ends and have the two tabs showing. grab these tabs of backing paper you bent out before and slowly remove them all the time pressing down where the tape is being exposed...

Once you have removed the tape, go over the shield again with the hair dryer/heat gun (dont over heat it with the heat gun... it may burn the paint... but if you know what a heat gun is, chances are you have used one, therefore know about them...) be sure to press down on the taped area...

Leave to cool...

Do the other side now... repeat from step one...

When you are done... take your wifes hairdryer back inside and wait for her to abuse you for using it, and explaining to you how much it cost and how sensitive it is... chances are you know, because you paid for it in the first place!

Not that that last part has ever happened to me... maybe it was a hair straightener i used on the sleeves of my fave business shirt... but thats a different story!

That's a quality writeup there pegaxs. Always has that special touch to it.

When you are done... take your wifes hairdryer back inside and wait for her to abuse you for using it, and explaining to you how much it cost and how sensitive it is...

As that was being read in my head I was thinking, but then you simply get back by saying that you paid for it... then I kept reading:

... chances are you know, because you paid for it in the first place!

Now I really cracked up. I like you style.

where is the pics?

are they tinted?

having trouble remembering password on imageshack. trying for ages keep getting error when clicking on "forgot password" icon. :angry:

still trying as im writing.back soon

Im back all done.They are tinted IMO They look great. Even my holden mates reckon they look great.

sometimes its not hot enough for the A/C so you can open the windows a touch :spiteful:

1002800ay2.th.jpg

Edited by sera709

where is the pics?

are they tinted?

having trouble remembering password on imageshack. trying for ages keep getting error when clicking on "forgot password" icon. :angry:

Im back all done.They are tinted IMO They look great. Even my holden mates reckon they look great.

sometimes its not hot enough for the A/C so you can open the windows a touch :spiteful:

1002800ay2.th.jpg

off topic, but are you a truckie?

where is the pics?

are they tinted?

1002800ay2.th.jpg

off topic, but are you a truckie?

yeh mate

That would look so hot on a white pres.

How much are they?

first time i got a quote for them the dealers price was $180.

the next time i priced them which was on tuesday was $160

have no idea why the price must of dropped or he stuffed up