Apprentice needs help buying ute

lou2u

Gidday :-)

My names Lou im a second year apprentice Welder n have finally saved up enough coin (I think) to get my 1st Ute. Im hoping you guys can help me pick the best 2 or 4 door tradies rig I can pick up for around 8-10 grand.........

Im after a four cylinder with the best fuel economy I can find she dont need to haul heavy just run of the sniff of a &^$% and be able to tow the occasional light trailor.............

I'd really appreciate any suggestions cause i want to get the most from my coin I can 4 the dollars I have to spend

Regards Lou :D

hey mate im in your books,

i picked my 1997 hilux petrol dualcab 2x4 for $5500, under 200 kms, ex company car, full service records, interior was close to perfect. had it 6 months now no problems...

easy to insure etc, and easy to work on

10 grand will get you something more upmarket and much better go a petrol but =] diesel is ugh! :D

A friend of mine went to Pickles damaged auction and bought a 2005 Holden Rodeo ute for $5,400. It was an ex-Holden delivery ute. The only damage he had was behind the door a big dent, and it really didnt make a different to the ute's looks or performance or practicalibility. On road set him back around $7.5k. He also told me there were so many other utes there.

Why dont you try your luck with a ute there? You'll be saving a crapload of money.