Question About Tail Light Swap :)

tiet

hi i drive a 2003 corolla sportivo i am looking to change the rear lights to the 2005 Corolla Tail lights like Northy did once apon a time :)

my question is, what needs to be done? do i have to re-wire the plugs? or will my old plugs fit straight into the 2005 Corolla Tail light Bulb Holder?

tiet.

hi i drive a 2003 corolla sportivo i am looking to change the rear lights to the 2005 Corolla Tail lights like Northy did once apon a time :)

my question is, what needs to be done? do i have to re-wire the plugs? or will my old plugs fit straight into the 2005 Corolla Tail light Bulb Holder?

tiet.

hi teit,

the facelift taillights won't plug in to the pre-facelift because the plugs are different. the preface plug has 2 rows of pins whereas the facelift is a single row of pins. maybe you can use your prefacelift bulb holders and silicon glue to the facelift sockets... that way they plug straight in.

The 05 plugs are still in the back of the lights for you...

So all you have to do is to seperate the wires from the plugs, plug your original wires into the 05 plug and connect it into the 05 tail light...

Might be able to match up the colours or just follow the wires to see which globe they go to :) :) :) ...

ahah thanks again ben :)

yeah i was wondering that, with the pre-facelift wires (i havn't really looked at them yet) would the there be the same 5 wires as for the facelift being earth, indicator, reverse, park and brake?

is there a such thing as an adaptor or converter to use for the pre-facelift plug to facelift?

tiet.

The 05 plugs are still in the back of the lights for you...

So all you have to do is to seperate the wires from the plugs, plug your original wires into the 05 plug and connect it into the 05 tail light...

Might be able to match up the colours or just follow the wires to see which globe they go to :) :) :) ...

So tiet's lights have the plugs chopped off from the facelift wiring? Thats convenient :)

Not too sure how many wires there are on your model...

But from memory, the 05 had 6 wires...

If you can get a test light, you will be able to work out the wires for the lights and connect your existing wires into the correct spots of the 05 plugs...