1990 Celica Sunroof

Hamish M

Hey everyone,

My first car is a 1990 Toyota Celica ST184R SX. Anyway, I bought it with a broken sunroof. Today I found the problem with it. In the motor/gearbox assembly one of the plastic cogs has sheered a few teeth. So I have been ringing lots of wreckers and not had much luck. One wrecker had the complete assembly for $100 but wouldn't sell the cog. Another has an assembly out of a 1994 celica and is willing to sell it cheap just to get rid of it but isn't sure if is compatible with the 1990 motor/gearbox assembly. Does anyone know whether the 1990 assembly is different to the 1994 and if so, whether or not they use matching cogs???

Just for those interested, i phoned Toyota and they will sell me the motor/gearbox assembly...............for the grand price of $790. :angry:

Also, if anyone is wrecking a celica and has these parts...or knows where I can get them; I am very interested.

Cheers,

Hamish.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

My first car is a 1990 Toyota Celica ST184R SX. Anyway, I bought it with a broken sunroof. Today I found the problem with it. In the motor/gearbox assembly one of the plastic cogs has sheered a few teeth. So I have been ringing lots of wreckers and not had much luck. One wrecker had the complete assembly for $100 but wouldn't sell the cog. Another has an assembly out of a 1994 celica and is willing to sell it cheap just to get rid of it but isn't sure if is compatible with the 1990 motor/gearbox assembly. Does anyone know whether the 1990 assembly is different to the 1994 and if so, whether or not they use matching cogs???

Just for those interested, i phoned Toyota and they will sell me the motor/gearbox assembly...............for the grand price of $790. :angry:

Also, if anyone is wrecking a celica and has these parts...or knows where I can get them; I am very interested.

Cheers,

Hamish.

i actually crash my celica st184 last week and dont want to repair it as I got a quote for $3000 to repair it <_<

the sunroof of my celica works perfectly. If you wanna take a look we can chat later and i am in melbourne.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hmmm i have the same problem my sunroof motor has a stripped gear and today it decided to jam just before the storm came through so needless to say i got wet lol if anyone else has a spare st184/185 celica sunroof motor pm me please