GPS/DVD Player installed with problems!

flyeah

a technician got my GPS/DVD Player (bought from auspack) installed, and I found the following problems afterwards:

1. When I ring my friends with bluetooth, my friends cant hear me every 5 or 10 seconds. anyone had this problem?

is that because faulty product, or wrong configuration or...

2. the sounds from radio seems not as clear as before. Even I tune well to a station, when I am driving or after I drive miles away, it becomes not clear again. I doubt if the radio antenna was not connected... but technician told me there would be no reception at all if it wasnot connected. and he also told me, the reason why it is not clear is because I have tuned to many small stations and also the radio is not as good as the original one.

3.I can clearly hear some noises behind the GPS (sounds like cords colliding) when bumping along gravel roads.

any suggestion? :o

1. When I ring my friends with bluetooth, my friends cant hear me every 5 or 10 seconds. anyone had this problem?

Yeah. That's one of the things that annoys me with the unit. Goes something like this. I get a call, unit doesn't switch to bluetooth mode completely for at least 5 seconds, then when I press answer, I have to wait 3-5 seconds before I can say hello. Epic lag.

2. the sounds from radio seems not as clear as before. Even I tune well to a station, when I am driving or after I drive miles away, it becomes not clear again. I doubt if the radio antenna was not connected... but technician told me there would be no reception at all if it wasnot connected. and he also told me, the reason why it is not clear is because I have tuned to many small stations and also the radio is not as good as the original one.

My radio is just as good as the one that was in there before I swapped it. I remember BlueAurionSX6 had an issue with his where quote:

Oh, radio reception issue resolved. It was an issue with two transposed pins on the supplied loom.

You should probably email Rob.

3.I can clearly hear some noises behind the GPS (sounds like cords colliding) when bumping along gravel roads.

Only suggestion there is either take it back and ask them to tidy the cords a bit better, or the only other way is what I would do and that is pull it out and look for the culprit cables myself.

Yeah. That's one of the things that annoys me with the unit. Goes something like this. I get a call, unit doesn't switch to bluetooth mode completely for at least 5 seconds, then when I press answer, I have to wait 3-5 seconds before I can say hello. Epic lag.

appreciate your reply :lol:.

But my problem is when I m on the phone, EVERY 5 second or ten second, the receipient lost me.

I made a test when I m on the phone, and read "1 2 3 4 .. " to 20, my friend missed 4 and 10,11

any idea?

But my problem is when I m on the phone, EVERY 5 second or ten second, the receipient lost me.

I made a test when I m on the phone, and read "1 2 3 4 .. " to 20, my friend missed 4 and 10,11

any idea?

That I can't make any comment on. I've never had that issue. Could be your phone as well; just a theory. Eg. My old Sony Ericsson's, sometimes the audio never got routed to the head unit. This is the case with any phone on this unit if you answer before it completely switches to bluetooth mode, but this was occurring even after that. With my new HTC Diamond, I have had no issues except for that if you answer before it completely initialises to bluetooth, your audio is all routed though the handset.