Looking for expertise

DOHC-tor

Hello everyone,

I've just signed up to these forums because i'm wanting to find some toyota fenatics that ca help me with my mate's celica.

I'm looking for a ct26 turbo and also people that can give advise and what not with anything regarding 5S-FE modifications and tpypa turbos and wat not.

Please redirect me to a more suitable topic section if i'm not goig to find much help in this thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

in the long run your better off scrapping the idea of boosting the FE and buying a wreck with the 3S-GE running gear or buying a turbo GT4 celica halfcut with the 3S-GTE power plant - 5S-FE's will not run a turbo very easily as they will not rev hard enough reliably with the turbo your suggesting , that said a turbo at all , the 5S-FE motor is also found in the same era camry and was a cheaper option for people wanting the sporty look but the economy and pricetag etc. Im not trying to crush you but giving it to you in black and white so you can make a good decision, if it were me it would be a halfcut with a 3S-GTE motor :)

yeah mate i know you're just trying to help, thanks for the advice. i'm jut doing research for my mate, and that's not the first time i've read that... but aside from that, he's wanting to boost the engine he's got. it's his choice i guess :P.

WTF auto in WA liked to frankenstein a 3S head onto a 5S block to give a 2.2l 3S-GTE...

Indeed. In fact, there's a certain VERY well known company that's selling a 2.2L 3S stroker kit that is just a 5S crank with different rods/pistons....

are you allowed to say?

PM us a linky?

im intrigued

Hello everyone,

I've just signed up to these forums because i'm wanting to find some toyota fenatics that ca help me with my mate's celica.

I'm looking for a ct26 turbo and also people that can give advise and what not with anything regarding 5S-FE modifications and tpypa turbos and wat not.

Please redirect me to a more suitable topic section if i'm not goig to find much help in this thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Which Celica does he have? I'd assume an ST184 or ST204. That's a good link on info about turbo'ing a 5S-FE

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236305

To summarise, it's not worth swapping some of the guts of the 3S-GTE into the 5S as the internals can't take the additional power, especially if you raise the boost. It's just not worth the time, effort and money with the 5S, even though he has his eyes set on what he has. You will most probably spend more time and money turbo'ing the 5S and end up less power than dropping in a 3S-GTE