question on injectors

Mr ZR

well for a start i'm new to celica's, i previosly owned an x3 (also a member of hyperaustralia.com) and they needed the extra fuel delivered which had a good gain and thought it'd be a good simple start on the celica. if you know a better place to start thats resonabley priced let me know if you can would be appreciated.

well for a start i'm new to celica's, i previosly owned an x3 (also a member of hyperaustralia.com) and they needed the extra fuel delivered which had a good gain and thought it'd be a good simple start on the celica. if you know a better place to start thats resonabley priced let me know if you can would be appreciated.

You have no reason to need new fuel/injectors if the engine is stock. Hell, even if it's slightly worked you won't be reaching anywhere near maxing out the factory injectors.

What engine are we talking about, out of interest?

Yellow=330cc/min

Brown=350cc/min

NA mods wont max out stock injectors unless you have bought absolutely everything available for it. Also all Celica's sold in Australia come with the 2zz-ge.

As for your question about fitting larger injectors. The ECU is tuned for the 330/350cc/min injectors and will always think that. However due to it being able to measure the oxygen content of the exhaust it can make corrections if too much or not enough fuel is being injected. Not exactly sure how much range the stock ECU can work with so anything over say 440cc/min mightn't be able to self adjust. This will yield little to no gains.

Stock ECU cannot be re flashed either.

If you are after easy cheap mods then start with a ported manifold or a cold air intake.

INJCELICA.jpg

Yeah it replaces the stock air box. Mods to the airbox don't yield much, if any, power as it is the piping to the throttle body that is restrictive. Plus the induction noise is more prominent without the airbox :D

No need to feel uninformed, at least you are asking questions instead of blindly buying stuff.

oh ok, but if you change the inside diameter of the intake to the throttle body the air running past the maf sensor will be running slower therefore it wont read properly and run the engine lean, is that right? or can the 2zz ecu learn and adjust to it???

The ECU has enough range to learn and adjust for the different intake.

I wouldn't say the air is flowing slower, rather the flow rate (volume * velocity) is increasing. The extra volume of air entering the engine is what causes the car to lean out slightly. Not lean enough to cause any concern though.

ok then, well where can i get one? know anyone that has one for sale etc.....

and i also found that i have the yellow injectors time to upgrade to the brown i think, i'll do it with the sri.

There is no need to upgrade the injectors for a SRI/CAI, NA mods will not max out the stock injectors. Turbo/Supercharged is the only time the injectors need to be upgraded, and minimum in that case will be 440cc/min for the GReddy SC.

As for the intakes, look on ebay or try here; http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku