actionDAN's turbo levin

actionDAN

hi ppl, ive just moved to brisbane from nz and thought i would put some pics up of my last car. its a toyota levin ae101 (1991). i bought the car stock and did all the custom fabrication at home in my garage. its running a mitsubishi evo 6 turbo and the waste gate exits via the front bumper ;) the last pic shows the smaller tdo4 turbo kit i run on it aswell.

post-12213-1234664491_thumb.jpg

post-12213-1234664556_thumb.jpg

post-12213-1234664773_thumb.jpg

post-12213-1234664868_thumb.jpg

thanks damo101 :)

id love another ae101 levin, but they are really rare and expensive over here :( i was actually wanting to build an all metal wide-body altezza with maybe 2jz-gte, but they are so common back home and so expensive here just for a stock one :(

all i know is that it will be rear wheel drive, and big single turbo :)

thanks guys. not working for anyone at the moment so ive got plenty of time on my hands to custom fabricate for others at the mo :)

its a pity you cant import these cars into oz anymore :( you cant import them to nz either, but there are already billions of them over there anyway.

does anyone know what ae101 supercharged levins are worth over here?

what they're worth and what they sell for are two different things... As you know they cost hardly anything in Japan but they have to go through the RAWS compliance process in Aus which adds $1500-2K to the import costs, so the cheapest you can generally get one on the road here privately is around the $6-7K mark. Asian Autospares at slacks creek were bringing in a few GTZ's a while ago, but I haven't been to their yard for quite some time now.

Some people still chase over $12K for them, there's a couple at import yards down the coast.

You sometimes find them for around $8K.

If you're interested in a wagon powered by a vvti 1jz with R154 and G series rear end, let me know ;) Also got a 1jz powered MX83 that's going cheap

Edited by CHA54

what they're worth and what they sell for are two different things... As you know they cost hardly anything in Japan but they have to go through the RAWS compliance process in Aus which adds $1500-2K to the import costs, so the cheapest you can generally get one on the road here privately is around the $6-7K mark. Asian Autospares at slacks creek were bringing in a few GTZ's a while ago, but I haven't been to their yard for quite some time now.

Some people still chase over $12K for them, there's a couple at import yards down the coast.

You sometimes find them for around $8K.

If you're interested in a wagon powered by a vvti 1jz with R154 and G series rear end, let me know ;) Also got a 1jz powered MX83 that's going cheap

ive never seen one for less than 10k........

yeah thats crazy...i sold that levin in the pics for NZD$5k. thats less than AUD$4k lol. it had adjustable suspension and a bunch of interior stuff too. high quality imports are alot cheaper back home, thats why everyone owns a custom ride. i really would like an altezza. theres not really any other car i like that i can afford lol. what are altezza's worth here? i heard you can only get lexus is200's?

The only genuine altezza's registered on the road in Aus are private imports from Japan, not many around and still over $20K. There's two altezza's on carsales.com currently for ~$22K, plenty of POS IS200's too :P

Edited by CHA54