dvd/gps/etc can people post pics of there menu etc

AUR30N

Hi Guys,

can people post pics of there menu system of there GPS/dvd player iam trying to comapre all the variants around menu wise and specs

also what gps system there running igo8,tom tom , destinator,navman etc etc

Cheers

Gone one better. Yes it's another quote but I do this for convenience not as as a smarta**. It lets the curious people check out why I did it in the first place, and secondly, because I don't want to fish out my links from YouTube:

As well, while on topic, here are a few of videos I did earlier for the Toyota Nation forum to demonstrate the unit and iGO8.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

This one was to demonstrate that it can be used while driving:

Edit: You so did not see the GPS saying I was going 89km/h in that uphill 60km/h zone. Lies I tell you.

As well, it's quite easy to sample the iGO8 software (which is the easiest to download for this unit as the link is posted around here) by heading to your local gadget store like Harvey Norman and playing with their Garmin GPS units. Most of the Garmin GPS units run iGO8 so that will give you a feel for it. And since you asked for pics, I may as well throw them in:

dsc02494un0.th.jpg dsc02489vs3.th.jpg dsc02502te3.th.jpg dsc02493ed2.th.jpg dsc02492cp8.th.jpg dsc02624ix6.th.jpg

I assume the unit has wince 5.0 on it?

and that all the GPS software and maps are on memory card - if so you can install pretty much destinator and tomtom and others too.

The most recent units run WinCE 5.0. Mine was made prior to that and runs WinCE 4.3. I have tried TomTom on it and could not get it to work. The SD card supplied by Auspacks only comes with Route66 and Finean, both of which are pretty boring. TomTom is alright and I use that on my phone, but in the car, I'm not really a fan of it. I chose iGO8 because it was the easiest to obtain and get to work, and I like the interface.

I assume the unit has wince 5.0 on it?

and that all the GPS software and maps are on memory card - if so you can install pretty much destinator and tomtom and others too.

The most recent units run WinCE 5.0. Mine was made prior to that and runs WinCE 4.3. I have tried TomTom on it and could not get it to work. The SD card supplied by Auspacks only comes with Route66 and Finean, both of which are pretty boring. TomTom is alright and I use that on my phone, but in the car, I'm not really a fan of it. I chose iGO8 because it was the easiest to obtain and get to work, and I like the interface.

I find igo8 little out of whack in my area. running R15 Aust Maps and Tom Tom to be perfect obtaining any map or softwar enot issue ans i run all 3 diffrent types.

they are times where 1 is better that other 2 and vis versa depending on the location.

Azza

Quick question

I know you can listen to music and have gps on at the same time but whilist listening to music and gps running does it talk the street name over the music or when it tells you to turn or does it cut out music and voice takes over?

or does the GPS voices not talk at all when musics playing? and its just visul of where you need to go?

Azza

Quick question

I know you can listen to music and have gps on at the same time but whilist listening to music and gps running does it talk the street name over the music or when it tells you to turn or does it cut out music and voice takes over?

or does the GPS voices not talk at all when musics playing? and its just visul of where you need to go?

Did you even watch the first minute of my third video at least? That answers your question. All GPS software on this unit behaves the same.