Spilt coke problem

Cigaweedz

Hi all,

I've been an owner of a Kluger Grande since Oct 08 and I'm absolutely lovin' it. Went to Macker's for a bite yesterday night. Here is where the problem starts; I accidentally spilt coke and it went everywhere around my driver side. Some of it landed in the right duct of the air-conditioning. Now, the duct is all sticky and the panes are hard to move. I wanna clean the insides but there doesn't seem to be access anywhere at all. What should I do? Take it to Toyota for detailed cleaning? Surely they don't do insides of the ducting. Should I do the Cleaning by my own but what can I use to clean such a mess? The coke's probably crystalised by now and I've never dealt with something like this, so it's really bugging me. Some advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

- Ciga

warm water and a toothbrush to clean the vents mate. Even a small drop of dishwashing liquid to remove all the stickyness. then reapply some vinyl reviver/dressing after it has dried.

Hi all,

I've been an owner of a Kluger Grande since Oct 08 and I'm absolutely lovin' it. Went to Macker's for a bite yesterday night. Here is where the problem starts; I accidentally spilt coke and it went everywhere around my driver side. Some of it landed in the right duct of the air-conditioning. Now, the duct is all sticky and the panes are hard to move. I wanna clean the insides but there doesn't seem to be access anywhere at all. What should I do? Take it to Toyota for detailed cleaning? Surely they don't do insides of the ducting. Should I do the Cleaning by my own but what can I use to clean such a mess? The coke's probably crystalised by now and I've never dealt with something like this, so it's really bugging me. Some advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

- Ciga

:toast::toast:

Thanks for the advice, natedog. I just did my own thing. Haha. Yes spillige, I'm a bit of a champion. Coke's terrible to clean. It sticks to everything! The driver side was nearly flooded with coke. The Missus wasn't too happy about it as well but I got off light cos she knew I was ****** about the whole thing. Anyway, I managed to clean the vents using wet wipes and a chopstick. Lubricated the panes with WD-40. It's as good as new now! P/S: In order to remove the AC panes of a Kluger, I would have to head to Toyota and get the mechanics to remove the dashboard first, pay them something like $150 for 2 hours work, then head to the cleaners for detailing, not sure how much that would have cost, maybe another $50 and perhaps another 30 minutes to an hour of work. Ouch goes the wallet. On my own, It cost me $5 for the wet wipes, chopsticks were free, and some elbow grease. Time taken: 30 minutes. I've learned my lesson! No more coke in the car -Ciga, using his mobile phone to type.