Corolla Dash Board Poll

When your car is idleing, what does your speedo do when you tap the dashboard above the instument cluster???  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wanting to know what everyone elses dash does so I know if the service centre messed around with mine.

Can I ask how you came to query this? I'm just picturing you getting in the Wed Wocket at the service centre, looking at the invoice again and slamming your fist on the dash in disgust ... only to find either the superball or the dash falling apart ... you weren't clear on which of these (or both!) you are experiencing ...

Edited by Buddha

Wanting to know what everyone elses dash does so I know if the service centre messed around with mine.

Can I ask how you came to query this? I'm just picturing you getting in the Wed Wocket at the service centre, looking at the invoice again and slamming your fist on the dash in disgust ... only to find either the superball or the dash falling apart ... you weren't clear on which of these (or both!) you are experiencing ...

Hey Buddha,

Mine actually bounces like a superball. I stopped at Toyota at Strathpine today and he said it was normal, until I asked him to try it on another Corolla and Wahla, nada....

I wasn't banging the dash due to the bill, it was more to the doof doof....

Mine seems to sit pretty firmly and my car has almost 100,000 Km's on clock.

There is a little bit of movement but diffently no bounce.

mine the same... a little bit of movement (small blips) but hardly any superballesque bouce

Hey Buddha,

Mine actually bounces like a superball. I stopped at Toyota at Strathpine today and he said it was normal, until I asked him to try it on another Corolla and Wahla, nada....

I wasn't banging the dash due to the bill, it was more to the doof doof....

You know when you play "doof doof" music backwards, it comes out as "food food" music? :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't give you more assistance with your query, so some lame humour will have to do! :D

it will be voltage related as the instrument consoles are 100% electronic so its proll getting power spikes/or lack of power hence the needle is "bouncing"

Possible, but likely? Maybe the speedo needle is just loose on the spindle and moves when the dash fascia is tapped.

In any case, I'd get them to fix or replace ASAP or else they may be liable for your inaccurate speedo-related speeding fines !!

i would be VERY surpirsed if the needle was loose, i have taken my needles off and it took some effort to get them off they are on tight, i have noticed a 1.5-2V drop even with the stock stereo so the only way to tell would be to break out the multi-meter and some loud music..., that said Oz is right the instrument clusters go for about $1500-$2000 as a spare part from toyota so its not somthing that you want to have to replace some time down the track