New 18" Rims

SportyAsh

Hi Everyone

need some sound advice, i just purchased new 18 inch rims for my 04 Sportivo and need to purchase some new tyres.

My Sportivo currently runs 205X60X16's, what size and brand of tyre would you recommend for a comfortable ride.

Thanks in advance

Edited by SportyAsh

I'd definitely recommend the Falkens FK452. They give an incredible amount of grip in both wet and dry for its cost, but you'll need to bed them in properly before you fly around corners. Their wear is very good too.

You can either get the 235/40/18 for the lower profile/wider, or the 225/45/18 for the higher profile but slightly narrower - more comfy. These tyres are about $300 range.

Edited by STYLSH

i had 18x7.5 rims on mine and had hankook ventus v8 rs h424's in 235/40ZR18's, and they were very comfy, offered good handling and excellent braking. i personally wouldnt go past those. i got them for $220 each.

Hi Everyone

need some sound advice, i just purchased new 18 inch rims for my 04 Sportivo and need to purchase some new tyres.

My Sportivo currently runs 205X60X16's, what size and brand of tyre would you recommend for a comfortable ride.

Thanks in advance

What are you doing with your old rims?

Hi Everyone

Thanks in advance

What are you doing with your old rims?

when i get my car back from Toyota and put the new rims on, i will put them up for Sale. Wheels and Rims are in great condition with approx 70% tread let on all wheels.

• 1 month later...

Hey there!

Congrats on the new (not so new now) rims.

Don't know if this is still much of a help, but if you are on a budget then a set of Kuhmo Ecsta tyres would be pretty good.

Plenty of grip (in the wet as well)

Though I would assume that these tyres would be at a lower range compared to the ones mentioned previously.

I wouldn't know the price as I have got them as a package from TEMPE Tyres in Sydney.

Hi Everyone

Thanks in advance

if ya got some spare cash look at the Advance sport range in YOKAHAMA ive got the adv 103 sport 245/35/R20($600ea) and in 21yrs of driving they are hands down the best tyre ive ever owned :yahoo:

hey, i am using Dunlop at the moment, the size is 235/40/18, which is good. Also, Goodrich is very good i reckon, longer lasting, the price is around $250 each. yeah, depends on your budget, if u got money, get them above $250 each. Also, Kumbo is good as well, u can get them for $160 each from tempe tyres. just remember do not get cheap tyres, otherwise u will regret. All the best