Few questions on simple mods

Big hello to all the ZRE owners out there! When i got my 08 rolla a while back, noone had done anything to them so i didnt realli bother thinking about mine.

But since then i've seen some awesome examples of ZR's. I love the streamline look with a lowered stance and big rims.

Im thinking of doing some simple mods on my 08 rolla soon. Either 17" or 18" rims, lowered springs for aggressive stance, exhaust system and maybe CAI

I got a quote from the tyre Factory for king springs fitted for about $500. is that too much? Is Peddars a better option?

And can the XForce twinloop system be installed as a full exhaust system. Better with or without muffler? And would a resonator reduce the exhaust note too

much?

Lastly, in regards to CAI. Heard CES is better than TRD. What do you guys think? how much would a CES CAI cost fitted?

Hopefully i can some mods done and post up some pics! Any help would be great.

GO N/A!

Big hello to all the ZRE owners out there! When i got my 08 rolla a while back, noone had done anything to them so i didnt realli bother thinking about mine.

But since then i've seen some awesome examples of ZR's. I love the streamline look with a lowered stance and big rims.

Im thinking of doing some simple mods on my 08 rolla soon. Either 17" or 18" rims, lowered springs for aggressive stance, exhaust system and maybe CAI

I got a quote from the tyre Factory for king springs fitted for about $500. is that too much? Is Peddars a better option?

I'd go Kings over Pedders any day. better quality IMO.

And can the XForce twinloop system be installed as a full exhaust system. Better with or without muffler? And would a resonator reduce the exhaust note too

much?

Lastly, in regards to CAI. Heard CES is better than TRD. What do you guys think? how much would a CES CAI cost fitted?

Don't think TRD have a CAI for the ZRE as yet? Anybody else know?? CES' is still under development awaiting for someone to put their hand up and supply a car for some R & D and to finish the project.

GO N/A!

ive got myself a TRD CAI on my 03 sportivo. In comparison to my mates car (03 sportivo) he got his CAI from Liverpool Exhaust.

his seems to "roar" whereas mine "screams" both sound very loud/aggressive.

It also depends on what POD filter you get. i suggest K&N.

dont pay more than 250/300 for your CAI

I'd go Kings over Pedders any day. better quality IMO.

much?

Don't think TRD have a CAI for the ZRE as yet? Anybody else know?? CES' is still under development awaiting for someone to put their hand up and supply a car for some R & D and to finish the project.

GO N/A!

really i dunno i drove both of my friends colt ralliarts one wif kings and the other wif peddars and the peddars seem to handle quite nicely but who knows maybe its just me.

ive got King springs on my tivo. so does my mate.

Super Low's on the back & Lows on the front...

drives very smoothly.

id go with king springs...

500 is a tad pricey though...

buy all 4 springs by themselves...

n get your local mechanic 2 put em on. wont cost as much

ive got King springs on my tivo. so does my mate.

Super Low's on the back & Lows on the front...

drives very smoothly.

id go with king springs...

500 is a tad pricey though...

buy all 4 springs by themselves...

n get your local mechanic 2 put em on. save urself some money!

well i got a set of kings superlows for my 05 accent and that cost $200, had them for about a year and had to do something with them so i got them fitted when i got my new rims at ozzy tyres, cost me $200 to install them which was a bit exy.. shoulda got mates to help me :S

well i got a set of kings superlows for my 05 accent and that cost $200, had them for about a year and had to do something with them so i got them fitted when i got my new rims at ozzy tyres, cost me $200 to install them which was a bit exy.. shoulda got mates to help me :S

yeah if u get a mate 2 do em...it'll cost ya a case of beer...

but u go 2 your regular mechanic...he'll fit em for 100-150 i rekn

Sounds good. Im weighing in just getting the rims for now. Saving for a nice set of 18" with some decent rubber. Its gonna hurt but be so worth it.

Only trouble with dropping the rolla with springs is voiding my warranty on the car. And whether my driveway would make my car scrape the floor everytime i climb up it. :(

Quick question (how low is too low past the legal limit?)

Anyone know roughly how long the warranty is?

And would putting an exhaust on be a good idea atm? taking into account warranty again. Warranty sucks! Cant do nothing but tweddle my thumbs, sit in my room and dream of things to do.

Finally a pic of my rolla. Stock as a rock! Just washed :P

post-10034-1236678943_thumb.jpg

post-10034-1236679092_thumb.jpg

Is there such thing as a AWD Rolla ZR? Heard from a birdie.. i must of bought the wrong car if so. LOL

In QLD the law is 100mm from any part of the vehicle (fully loaded) so i guess that means if they see u with a carload of people and there is some serious lowriding going on they can get u...sneaky..but bumps and driveways are easy to do, just hit it at an angle and u should be fine

Hey johnnieboi, saw your number plates...did you get your car off Le Mans Toyota on the Western Highway? If so, how did you find them in terms of pricing and service? (just asking because of the overpriced services/quotes experiences I had with them)

Hey johnnieboi, saw your number plates...did you get your car off Le Mans Toyota on the Western Highway? If so, how did you find them in terms of pricing and service? (just asking because of the overpriced services/quotes experiences I had with them)

Haha. Hey dude. From melb? In terms of service? I think they're pretty good. Took me less than 2days to get mine with all paperwork sorted. And the only test drive i had was when i bought the car. lol. (The sales rep was tripping i wanted the ZR 6spd, asked me twice "are you sure?") <_<

They gave me a pretty thorough look at the car, brochure, features, colours before making my decision.

For my 5000 and 10000km service, its been quite good. I just book it in, service takes no longer than 45mins usually. I just wait there. Pricing isnt the greatest value for money but i guess cause your getting Toyota to do it, which is genuine and backed by their name, and warranty.

I havent sought after parts from them yet, did have a quick geez at the TRD glass box and the price made me forget about it. Might get seatbelt pads tho..

I wanna see what else they got from TRD? and if anything worthwhile for the ZR