tyota presara advice

i`ve nearly decided on buying the aurion presara soon , but have heard of a few problems .the other contenders are mazda 6 luxury or holden calais. i know calais has lots of problems , but they do look good: havn`t heard of any problems with mazda 6 as yet. --problems that i`ve heard of consist of key remote not working, sunroof issues, the sat nav system, the rough ride because of low profile tyres and recent post camber issues. are these prolems only happening to a small amount of cars or are they accross the board.

I like my luxy but is there room for a presara .

love to hear from fellow toyota owners : is the presara worth it.

the camber issue is widespread across all aurions, but there is a fix kit you can get that solves the issue. other general problems ive heard is dash rattles and vibrations which can be fixed after constant nagging at your dealer. apart from that, theres the odd issue with transmission gear glaring when cold, piston slap, etc.

i quite like the styling of the new mazda 6 :)

the camber issue is widespread across all aurions, but there is a fix kit you can get that solves the issue. other general problems ive heard is dash rattles and vibrations which can be fixed after constant nagging at your dealer. apart from that, theres the odd issue with transmission gear glaring when cold, piston slap, etc.

i quite like the styling of the new mazda 6 :)

that`s what makes the choice so difficult ,mazda 6 looks good and no one seems to have major complaints, calais looks excellent , great interior space including boot. good dash layout but according to all the specs the presara is head and shoulders above in performance and features ( provided they all work) Reliability is more of a key issue in making the right choice.

IMO, all the listed problems are happening only in small amount chance.

there is a few people(3~4(?) from this forum) reported about camber (pulling left) issue and that can be solved with the kit easily.

I've never heard about remote not working, I think that's because of the remote battery? Maybe..

I am not sure about keyless entry because I own a SX6 which doesn't have the keyless entry.

Dash rattles are being common all across manufacturers anyway...

I've seen 1 case of sunroof not working properly but it was faulty one with the sunroof.

Some said sunroof rattles too.

All the listed problems can be seen from any of manufacturers and I don't think the chance of having those problems are high.

IMHO, buying a car is like ramdom picking. It's all about your luck.

If you're not lucky enough, you could pick a lemon car and having a headache or if you're with normal luck, you won't have any problems for the life of the car.

I have no idea about Mazda6 and Holden but IMHO aurion is quite good deal in that price range.

there is a few people(3~4(?) from this forum) reported about camber (pulling left) issue and that can be solved with the kit easily.

I've never heard about remote not working, I think that's because of the remote battery? Maybe..

I am not sure about keyless entry because I own a SX6 which doesn't have the keyless entry.

I've seen 1 case of sunroof not working properly but it was faulty one with the sunroof.

All the listed problems can be seen from any of manufacturers and I don't think the chance of having those problems are high.

If you're not lucky enough, you could pick a lemon car and having a headache or if you're with normal luck, you won't have any problems for the life of the car.

I have no idea about Mazda6 and Holden but IMHO aurion is quite good deal in that price range.

had the chance today to test drive the presara . I`m sold drives and feels great.! but i did notice that within 6 secs the car pulled to the left and the road was pretty flat.sunroof worked well. sat nav was great.

they did have a trd with 7000 k`s on it . black- sunroof- sat nav and the full sports pack. a simply stunning car. very tempted to buy.

had the chance today to test drive the presara . I`m sold drives and feels great.! but i did notice that within 6 secs the car pulled to the left and the road was pretty flat.sunroof worked well. sat nav was great.

they did have a trd with 7000 k`s on it . black- sunroof- sat nav and the full sports pack. a simply stunning car. very tempted to buy.

It's good to hear you liked it.

For the pulling left problem, if it happens, wheel alignment could fix this problem for the first try.

If it still happens after wheel alignment, then keep naggling toyota dealer to fix it up.

it's not a big problem anyway and can be fixed with simple kit.

it can be fixed under warranty anyway.

I never had this problem at all with my aurion tho..

The best suggestion i can give you is go with the TRD, don't forget, they are going to become 'limited edition' which is something you want to be apart of :P

Evo