Presara headlight adjustment

jonbays

Anyone know how to adjust the base alignment of the low beam self levelling and steering headligts on the Presara?

There are adjusters on the back of the headligh assembly but these don't seem to do diddly squat.

Anyone know how to adjust the base alignment of the low beam self levelling and steering headligts on the Presara?

There are adjusters on the back of the headligh assembly but these don't seem to do diddly squat.

I've posted something like this way back and honestly I haven't touched mine ever again, scared it will screw it up. I think it was Daryl (pardon me if it was someone else) who said in my post that it comes out of the factory like that for road standards so I've gotten use to mine now.

I've posted something like this way back and honestly I haven't touched mine ever again, scared it will screw it up. I think it was Daryl (pardon me if it was someone else) who said in my post that it comes out of the factory like that for road standards so I've gotten use to mine now.

Yep, that was me that you were recalling. It was in the thread 'Headlight'.

In my opinion, I would only adjust my headlights if it definitely is out of whack. Being a little out is okay by me so long as it isn't glaring other road users. The headlights are aimed by a machine in factory and sometimes it is hard to replicate this with your own adjustments. As well, one of the adjustment screws (which is the critical up and down adjustment) is a tough one to access unless you have the appropriate tools:

dsc03170oc8.th.jpg dsc03173ae2.th.jpg

I'm not sure if the Presara HID assembly has the same adjustment screws though.

Yep, that was me that you were recalling. It was in the thread 'Headlight'.

In my opinion, I would only adjust my headlights if it definitely is out of whack. Being a little out is okay by me so long as it isn't glaring other road users. The headlights are aimed by a machine in factory and sometimes it is hard to replicate this with your own adjustments. As well, one of the adjustment screws (which is the critical up and down adjustment) is a tough one to access unless you have the appropriate tools:

I'm not sure if the Presara HID assembly has the same adjustment screws though.

Thanks I guess that is the one I missed whch does look a little awkward to do myself.

I might try on the weekend and see what happens.