Optitron Combimeter OPTIONAL ON 09 COROLLA RANGE!

I was just reading the review on www.caradvice.com.au, of the 2009 Corolla Accent Hatch. And it had the Optitron Speedo equipped.

Thinking that couldn't be right, because I know the 07 and 08 models you HAD to get the ZR Corolla to get it.

Sure enough, going to the Build and Price your New Toyota thing on the Toyota Australia website.

The Optitron Speedo, is a option across the line up now:

for $1500 (I assume this doesn't include labor).

So does that mean 07 and 08 owners can order this part in at their local Toyota dealer and have them fit it to their car?

Post your thoughts!

Im seriously thinking about doing this!

Cheers.

Paul.

Sounds like it is part of an option pack (Not sure which one.) on the Ascent hatch/ sedan & Levin SX hatch.

Asking the dealer's service/ parts department about a retrofit to earlier cars wouldn't hurt I guess. :)

No Option Pack, its a standalone Option to add on.

interesting...

You are right.

It's says O/PAK (Option pack) for Ascent hatch/ sedan & Levin SX on the Toyota.com.au Corolla Specifications page, but when I built an Ascent hatch on their "Build & Price your Toyota" page, a prompt came up and said that the Enhanced Safety Pack will need to be added ($1,500), can't be ticked for the Ascent sedan, while it is a stand alone option on the Levin SX (Same price.). Odd.

Looks like Toyota Australia will need to fix some of the errors on their website, as it can confuse people.

Edited by ToyotaFreak

I think it's a no brainer. An extra $1500 for the safety pack and optitron. Well worth the price and you can't get that on the conquest! Of course T are just giving people that little bit more incentive to update their non VSC 12 month old corolla to a 2009. Might just work with some people.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 09 corolla sedan ascent with the optional safety pack. I thought this would come with the optitron panel, but it only has the extra airbags and TCR/VSC.

Does anyone know if the optitron is a seperate option?

thanks

It's not the difficulty. It's the cost of it which makes it crazy stupid to spend on a dash. It's not like it's some magic dash that gives you more power or anything. With the cost and labour of it, you might as well spend it on a holiday or concert tickets.

Anyway, it's not a hard job to do but it's the cost of the combimeter that will make it not worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

i got an 09 conquest hatch, and when i picked up the car, SUPRISE i got the combimeters ! and i love them. the salesman said it was only for 09 models. the 08 conquest i test drived, didnt have them. so that was aVERY nice suprise.

I've got the optitron combimeter, maybe it's just me but I prefer the look of the white dials.

However, the fuel consumption, air temperature, time, date etc display I like very much.

I've got the optitron combimeter, maybe it's just me but I prefer the look of the white dials.

However, the fuel consumption, air temperature, time, date etc display I like very much.

the standard one has those aswell though u neeed to push the button to toggle through them. except we dont have the date.

tho imo it doesnt really matter what dash u got because most of the time your looking out the windscreen. and when u do look at the dash its only for a few secs to check speed etc. personally i find the numbers on the combi too small but maybe i got bad eyes ><!

Edited by Ascendant Rice

The annoying thing about the optitron is that you cannot have instantaneous fuel consumption displayed at the same time as the clock (school zones and what not)... or at least have the clock always there somewhere and have something else displayed. The standard combimeter lets you do that.. and is more accurate in terms of speedometer accuracy. (3-4km/h vs 5-6km/h from rudimentary checks)

Edited by SmellyTofu

• 5 months later...

Can anyone confirm if there has been some spec changes recently to the Corolla range?

1. Ascent Hatch and Sedan no longer offer cruise and/or enhanced safety pack as an option

2. Levin SX no longer has the enhanced safety pack avaliable as an option

3. Optitron combimeter has been reverted to be standard on Levin ZR and Ultima only

Just noticed these when browsing the site under compare grades and when you click on each individual grade variant (but the PDF specs in specification summary have not been updated). There could have been some simplifying of the production line in Japan

Also, where is the USB connection port located for the audio connection?