AIRBAG LIGHT ON & HORN STOPPED WORKING

The horn not working usually is as simple as a blown fuse. It's a little different since the airbag warning light came on as well though. If you put one and one together, it may even be possible that the wiring in the steering wheel area has gone a little funny since the drivers airbag and horn switch pad are in the same area. If you're not willing to inspect it for yourself by removing the front portion of the steering wheel (just to inspect, not necessarily repair), then it would be best to let the guys at you nearest Toyota have a look at it. If your airbags are playing up, it's usually best to be safe and let them check it out.

As for the clicking, what year Corolla do you have? Is the clicking speed dependent? Does it sound metal on metal? A little more information would be useful.

most likely its the wiring coil in your steering wheel thats ripped off when u turned full lock. ive experienced it from another car. if thats the case then u need to replace the coil. has this car previously been in any accidents? what model is it? i mayb able to hellp u out with a some parts..

andrew,

Before playing around trying to identify the airbag issue in the steering column I would disconnect the battery. If there is damage to the wires and you short it out you might be up for a new airbag (and underwear).

my guess... clockspring. if u change it yourself carefull not to turn the new one as if you turn it more than u should u will break it. had the same problem a few days ago with a ve commodore ssv

goodluck and let us know how u go..

THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP AND ADVICE.

TO ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS IT IS A 2004 COROLLA CE.

THE CLICKING NOISE COMES FROM THE STEERING COLUMN WHEN MAKING HARD RIGHT OR LEFT HAND TURNS.

IF IT IS THE SPIRAL CABLE, IS THAT SOMETHING AN AVERAGE JOE CAN REPLACE?

I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE WITH MY LOCAL TOYOTA DEALER.....CROOKS !!!

THE CLICKING NOISE COMES FROM THE STEERING COLUMN WHEN MAKING HARD RIGHT OR LEFT HAND TURNS.

IF IT IS THE SPIRAL CABLE, IS THAT SOMETHING AN AVERAGE JOE CAN REPLACE?

One other thing that can cause the clicking noise although probably not in your case is the indicator return mechanism. It's just like a plastic ring with notches in it. If something goes funny there, that can cause a clicking sound when turning. In this case though, it most likely is caused by the spiral cable.

As for changing it, if you do feel confident, the process is quite simple. As long as you disconnect your battery and wait at least 90 seconds before removing the cable, it's just as simple as unplugging the old cable and plugging the new cable in. I can't gauge though how comfortable you would be at doing such a thing though considering it does share your airbag wiring.