anybody know whats wrong?

Matt.S

hey guys my 1990 celica Sx keeps breaking down on me.. its been at my mechanics for about 3 weeks now and they cant seem to find the problem. they think it might be a shredded wire some where in my car but they cant find that either... it doesn't break down straight away, it goes a fair distance then my engine light comes on in the dash then my revs start dropping then eventually it just stalls and wont start bake up again for a fair while... but when my car idles you can hear that my revs are e regular.. i know that mar car is old.. its only done 180,000km's i've spent over $3000 on it already just fixing problems but this one i cant seem to fix... does anybody have any idea whats going on or has ti happened to your car befor or anything??

thanks.

the only thing i can think thats wrong is that you go to the wrong mechanics :P no help i know.

(useless post)

lol yeah well this is my 3rd mechanic i've been to... the first 1 was midas and they fully stuffed everything up but fixed it again for free so yeah i dunno they had an apprentece but i dont know if he worked on my car or not.. and that was about 7 months ago anyway

ignition coil maybe????

yeah i'm pretty sure i got that changed pretty much when i first got the car.. but it might i've been a dud i dunno i'll check that out. thanks

ignition coil maybe????

hey i asked them if it would be my ignition coil and to chekc it out and they said that was one of there first things they do and its fine... so yeah that rules that out.. any other ideas??

• 4 weeks later...

Check the 3 things a car needs to run... Spark, Fuel, Air.

The ign coils on the REV1 5-SFE (which if yours is a 90 model, will have) are absolutely ratsh*t, so start with that.

Check all of your cabling, plugs, leads, etc.

Check all the sensors and wiring is connected, it might pay to disconnect, clean and re-connect everything.

It also could be due to something going wrong when the engine gets to a certain temp (sounds crazy, but i've head it happening before)

Also, is the car throwing a check engine light all the time, or only when it dies in the *****?