Wakefield Track Day

Hey all, its about time i hit the track again so ive decided to head down on the 14th of April. This is just a ordinary no speed limit day, the cost is $80 plus $40 for a wakefield license which is valid for a year.

More info here

I hope we get a good turn out of stivos, unlike last time when it was just me and Zee

Its a Thursday so there shouldn't be too much people.. maybe we can get some people from the froggy forums to join us.. How about those from circuit club, anyone interested?

As for myself, i will try to take the day off. My roster has yet to be released so can't confirm :(

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Ive Pm'd QD180 about it, still waiting for a reply hopefully he can make it

Hey hey,

Mmm track time again huh.... :P

Ive Pm'ed you Dave

Would love to go but alas weekdays are tuff to get off after a few ahem.....sickies :rolleyes:

Hope you guys enjoy it.... a whole race track too yourselves ....lucky bastards :D

I hope i dont rain on your parade Dave.... but Circuit club www.circuit-club.com are also running a Private Track day on the 25th Anzac day public holiday for $132 (10% pub hol surcharge) this includes proper offical timing for all cars limit of 45, and four groups A,B,C,D.

If anyone cant make the 14th for a track attack its another option...

Ill start another thread for anyone interested though...

Cheers Qui

• 2 weeks later...

Just over a week to go :D I hope my new brake rotors and pads turn up in time.

Are we going to meet up somewhere on the way, or at the track? Last time i met Zee at the suttons forest servo/maccas.

I'm still up for this...

Suttons Forrest would be good for me as I'll be coming up the Illawarra Highway, what time you looking at?

For those that don't know Suttons Forest is here... about 5 mins off the Hume Highway up the Illawarra Highway (it takes ages to drive through Moss Vale compared to turning off at the Illawarra Highway exit)

post-279-1112935238_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Should be able to meet u guys there between 8-8.30am. Hope the weather holds up though.. and my car ain't prepped for the track yet so might be taking it a little easy this time round. Haven't got time to take the car in for service so i have old engine oil, old transmission oil, old brake fluid and half worn tyres. Plus i think my shock absorbers have had it, making a lot of noises recently. :( Hmm..

It's OK Zee, I'm sure you'll still be qucker then my stocker... worn tyres and all :P

Plus still haven't got around to getting the clutch work done, just been too busy, so i'll be doing a slight short-shifting and hoping to keep in Lift as much as I can. Will be interesting... I'm pumped though :D

Bad news about the suspension though... hope it is OK and nothing too serious, had you reported noises before lowering, because that is my concern about lowering, is if I am getting noises now that they can't diagnise, how will it be then, and what about warranty??? Anyway I need to bight to bullet and do the suspension some time...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Hey Zee good to see your coming down. My car hasnt really been prepped either, my new rotors and pads still havent turned up so i might be having a hard time stopping by the end of the day.

Also i have a R33 skyline coming down, hopefully well beat him :D

Hey Zee good to see your coming down. My car hasnt really been prepped either, my new rotors and pads still havent turned up so i might be having a hard time stopping by the end of the day.

Also i have a R33 skyline coming down, hopefully well beat him :D

Cool!! Is it a stocker gts-t? I will try to see if i can at least get fresh fluids into the car tomorrow morning.. a little paranoid about turning up at the track without fresh fluids.. the tyres are going for sure and the shock absorbers will make way soon (watch out for me in the corners, might go cross country a bit more!). And of course the way overdue clutch and flywheel WILL get done during my next service.

Cheers for a great day Dave...

There were sh!t loads of cars there and far too many Monaros for my liking (just seemed to be taking up space cos they weren't going too fast. ZEE, too bad you couldn't make it, your SMS hit me just as I got on to Macquarie Pass so unable to reply, you could have come down later in the day if you really wanted, oh well, next time.

But my feelings from my baseline run was that the stivo ROCKS... like we didn't already all know that. All the Commodore guys were amazed by how well they go and were real interested with what mods we had done to get them sooo quick, and wanted to know waht turbos we had fitted, they quickly went red when we told them mine was stock as a rock and that they were N/A.

I think power / weight is well in our advantage as we could brake so much later and better mid corner speed also. Plus kept with (or pulled out in Daves case) down the straight.

Lets get a few more out next time, it's a great fun day that is not too expensive when you think about it, you just have to be prepared for the 'just in case anything happens' situation that i'd rather not think about.

But to get a feel for what happens you can join Dave and Myself as spectators for the Circuit Club track day on ANZAC Day (Mon 25th April)

see this thread...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Damn it, should have gone down around 2pm after i woke up :( Missed my chance to stun some V8 Monaros.. Now i just got to make up for it on the streets i guess :P

Sorry Dave and Dylan for the very late notice.. picked up a night shift and thought i would be okay since i finish at 7am but i was so buggered after that shift i thought i might drive off the cliff while crusing up Macquarie pass if i went.. Really should have gone though bcos i felt like sh&t after my morning nap..

Anyway.. the next track day shouldn't be too far away since the weather is getting cooler and this time my car will be ready and we will make it 3 Stivos next time. Dave and i have yet to see more than 2 Stivos turn up at Wakefield so next time we better make it happen! :D

btw any pics?

Zee