Pics of your Rav4 ... i need ideas

Remko

Hi,

If any of you have pics of your Rav doing stuff ... post em up !

We have just purchased an 06CV and wnat to do a few mods.

Obviously not going to do anything silly as its going to be a weekend explorer type thing but we want to see what you've done to yours, how you've done it, where did you get the parts etc etc.

Enlighten me with your Rav pics .....

Hi,

If any of you have pics of your Rav doing stuff ... post em up !

We have just purchased an 06CV and wnat to do a few mods.

Obviously not going to do anything silly as its going to be a weekend explorer type thing but we want to see what you've done to yours, how you've done it, where did you get the parts etc etc.

Enlighten me with your Rav pics .....

Welcome Remko! I know you will enjoy your RAV!

Most of my mods are quite subtle--I usually go for mods that add functionality, safety, or protection.

I added a rear bumper protector to prevent scratches:

after.jpg

Mud guards to keep the side of the car cleaner:

100_1618.jpg

A small LED light with motion sensor to light up the rear storage compartment:

100_1587.jpg

I also installed gas-filled hood struts and got rid of that cheapo prop rod:

100_1691.jpg

Other mods include a module that locks the doors when the shift is moved from Park, changing out the pathetic beep-beep horns with a pair of FIAMM horns that make it sound like a real car, and modifying the 12V accessory sockets in the rear and console to be powered all the time.

Very Nice James

Really like the rear bumper protector, very cool !

Even the rear carpet/mat looks good and very functional ...

I've had a pretty good look through the vehicle but to be honest I have not noticed the rear 12V plugs?

Where abouts are they located or are they specific to certain models ?

With the mod to change them to powered sockets full time, how was this done ?

I hope your not going to tell me you are a car electrician !!!

The horns will be a great addition I'd say ... I forgot all about the poor lighting in the back.

Nice job

Mark

Very Nice James

Really like the rear bumper protector, very cool !

Even the rear carpet/mat looks good and very functional ...

I've had a pretty good look through the vehicle but to be honest I have not noticed the rear 12V plugs?

Where abouts are they located or are they specific to certain models ?

With the mod to change them to powered sockets full time, how was this done ?

I hope your not going to tell me you are a car electrician !!!

The horns will be a great addition I'd say ... I forgot all about the poor lighting in the back.

Nice job

Mark

There should be a 12V outlet inside the center console box. Below that should be an audio input jack for MP3 players. If you open the back door you should find another 12V outlet on the panel to your left. These 2 outlets are controlled by a blue relay which is located behind your glove box. I removed the relay and soldered a jumper wire between pins 3 and 5, then plugged the relay back in. Some owner's leave the relay out and make up a jumper with terminals that they plug into the relay socket. Either way, you are bypassing the relay and feeding 12 volts to those sockets at all times. There is another 12V socket up front by the cupholder, but that one is tied to the ignition relay and it would be more difficult to make it hot all the time. These outlets are standard equipment on the RAV4 here in the US even on the base models.

The light is an LED sensor light. It has a motion sensor that turns it on when I open the compartment. It also has a photocell so it won't come on during the day. And it turns itself off automatically after a minute. Installing it was a snap, I stuck a piece of velcro on it (the rough side with the hooks) and it naturally attaches to the felt inside the compartment.

I had the rear mat replaced by the dealer after I found out that it didn't match the front mats. After showing them the color difference, the admitted that it was the wrong mat and gave me the one with the RAV4 logo. The picture shows the old mat.

Yeah the rear plastic on the bumper is awesome and so very practical. Did you get that from your Toyota Dealer?

No, I ordered it from a Toyota dealer in Florida for a much better price. They sell it on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=140313277868

This seller on Ebay has it for a little less:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=120394335416

Its first time on the beach and went very well.

Since then some dark tinting has gone on and now looking at maybe some side steps and nudge bar.

Picture at Cloudy Beach on Bruny Island Tasmania

2810_70780573006_616603006_1573844_4215990_n.jpg

Here's a video showing how the hood struts work:

This is one of my favorite mods--inexpensive and practical. It should have come from the factory like this!

Sweet mod,and as you said cheap,practical and much better looking than OEM rod when the bonnets up :toast:

• 7 months later...