footwell lights and under front seats

hey guys im getting some interior lights put in( well i want them to be put in)

does anyone have a contact in sydney that would be able to install them?

i have the led lights i want to put in, but im not that good at working with switches etc.

i want them to turn on when doors open and when i lock/unlock the car( like the door sills) but i also want a switch to keep them on.

so im guessing that would be a 3 way switch?

ON//DOOR//OFF switch.

can you make the lights slowly fade on and off? i'd like to know. Cheers

If your interior lights already do this, you can make additional lighting like the footwell lighting behave the same when it goes on and off with the door switch. If your interior lights don't already do this, they have kits out there to add this functionality.

If your interior lights already do this, you can make additional lighting like the footwell lighting behave the same when it goes on and off with the door switch. If your interior lights don't already do this, they have kits out there to add this functionality.

thanks djkor, my interior light doesn't fade but i found a delay fade kit from jaycar but it only delays the light off and fades off.

had no luck searching kits to make the light turn on slowly and fade off without delay, my lack of electrical knowledge doesn't help either lol. i have a feeling that the fade function is done by the ecu so probably too hard to diy

LED's and fluoro's won't fade out anywhere near like how normal bulbs will.

thanks djkor, my interior light doesn't fade but i found a delay fade kit from jaycar but it only delays the light off and fades off.

had no luck searching kits to make the light turn on slowly and fade off without delay, my lack of electrical knowledge doesn't help either lol. i have a feeling that the fade function is done by the ecu so probably too hard to diy

i dont know why but my rolla's interior lights actually fades out.. i only found out end of last year that everyone's elses just goes off.. odd...

LED's and fluoro's won't fade out anywhere near like how normal bulbs will.

LED's fade out pretty well these days. Though mine has the slightest amount of flicker due to the fact we aren't dealing with high frequency components here. Most people though would hardly tell the difference I reckon.

Neons and cold cathodes are well out of the question though. Put them on a dimmer and you can say goodbye to them not far down the track.

ive done a read on attaching them to the roof light but any tips on how?

i figured if i attached them the same was as the door sills, i wouldnt be able to keep the switch on and also i wouldnt want to many lights running off the same cables.( i did each sill to each separate door wire though)

i figured if i attached them the same was as the door sills, i wouldnt be able to keep the switch on and also i wouldnt want to many lights running off the same cables.( i did each sill to each separate door wire though)

jeremy and i actually feeded some cables from the dome light itself and brought it down the B pillar (i think thats what its called) and off you go, just connect up the wire and you should be right.. of course you can look up the right wire below your door sill but we tried and failed so had to do it the "bush" way..

jeremy and i actually feeded some cables from the dome light itself and brought it down the B pillar (i think thats what its called) and off you go, just connect up the wire and you should be right.. of course you can look up the right wire below your door sill but we tried and failed so had to do it the "bush" way..

That's exactly the way I would do it, unless you're feeling lucky with probing into a heap of wires. As long as you have a big plastic strip or something to use as a feeder to push under the trims, you should be fine.

That's exactly the way I would do it, unless you're feeling lucky with probing into a heap of wires. As long as you have a big plastic strip or something to use as a feeder to push under the trims, you should be fine.

we found that thicker / stiffer wire does the job as you can just feed it across :) but my 1st attemp i used a combination of paperclip and magnet as i was using some rather thin wires.. you couldnt just feed it through..

good luck :)