1994 Camry Blinker flasher location?

terf

Can anyone give me an idea where this thing is? I've downloaded service manuals (US Ver) and looked on this forum and others. Most info seems to say its located behind the interior fuse box on the left hand side of the vehicle (Drivers side for US ver) but despite looking in those locations I cant seem to find the thing or am missing something else.

I've pulled each relay one by one from the left and right kickpanels aswell as the panel behind the interior fuse box but each time I pull a relay and hit the hazard switch, the blinkers still flash per normal.

The reason I'm doing this is to find the hazard light relay output to connect a keyless entry module to so it will flash the blinkers on activation.

I can hear the clicking coming from behind the hazard switch/dash, is this it? or just for the instrument panel?

thanks!

If you need to find the flasher unit, it sits behind the glove box with a couple of relays. The unit itself is black, and says FLASHER on it. You'll need to remove the glove box to get to it

Edited by terf

Hi,

I have just had to find mine recently, but I have a '97 widebody Camry & it's a V6 so I don't know whether mine is in a different location to yours or not.

Mine was behind the kick-panel on the drivers side, close to the top of the accelerator pedal. Here's a couple of pics of the flasher unit:

Otherwise I had been told by a friend of mine that he was sure they were in behind the hazard light switch, so maybe there is a difference there between 4 & 6 cylinder Camry's. You may need to pull the dash out. If you haven't done it before there is a good DIY on it somewhere on this forum I'm pretty sure. I reckon it was posted by "ASG14" from the USA - all the instructions are still relevant, just on the opposite side of the car is all :lol:

Hope this helps a little :)

Thanks for that, I did manage to find it behind the glovebox. I haven't found any other camrys that have the flasher in the same position it must be pretty model specific. I did see the socket behind the drivers (right) side kickpanel for the american flasher unit or perhaps the V6 model as you've mentioned.