2009 Camry Sportivo Trip Computer

Eagle eye

:toast: This is my first post on this forum. I have just purchased here in New Zealand a 2.4L Camry Sportivo and am very happy with it. I am currently doing 31mpg / 8.57L per 100km combined driving. However my one disappointment is the trip computer. We also have a 2008 Corolla GLX who's trip computer is great in all aspects. The problem is that the Camrys trip computer average fuel consumption can't be manually zeroed nor can any of the other parameters between tank fills according to the book, unlike the Corolla. I noticed even when the tank is filled and I switch the ignition on, the average fuel consumption reading is not reading zero. The Toyota dealer suggested I wait a few seconds prior to cranking, but even after 30sec's it still reads the same as it was prior to the fill. The average speed has returned to zero though. Any ideas guys, what has been your experience, cheers.

gday and welcome to the forums.

ive never seen my fuel comsumption go down to zero before. when im driving ill get about 8.5 etc, and right after i fill up ill get 99.9ltrs/ 100km, and then itll rapidly drop down to 8ish again.

i would imagine it automatically defaults to 99.9L/100km. the new camrys use the same trip computer setup as the 2002-2006 models, and thats how they work. mine has never defaulted to 0l/100km.

Yeah I don’t know, I guess it must be different, but I know on my parents Aurion once you fill it up, it will go 0.0 then up to 99 and work its way down.

Yeah I don’t know, I guess it must be different, but I know on my parents Aurion once you fill it up, it will go 0.0 then up to 99 and work its way down.

if i recall correctly, if you hold the mode button down for a few seconds, the fuel consumption on the trip computer should reset. i have done it a few times before.

No Agent, if you hold the mode button down for a few seconds, it will turn off the audio system.

Like Akuma said, the new Camry will never go down to zero. It will automatically reset the fuel trip computer when you fill up petrol.

lang

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I guess I just expected the same type of trip computer as my Corolla or better. My main interest is keeping an eye on fuel economy, which I only trust by filling up and taking the pump figure and the trip KM's anyway. However I am very pleased with the Sportivo and it handles so well. Power wise its no rocket but it cruises with the best of them and does everything I need, cheers. :)

No Agent, if you hold the mode button down for a few seconds, it will turn off the audio system.

I think he means the one under the clock.

Like Akuma said, the new Camry will never go down to zero. It will automatically reset the fuel trip computer when you fill up petrol.

lang

yeah, i wasnt referring to the one on the steering wheel coz they're audio controls