1984 Celica(s)

KamikazeKirk

trying to do something a little different with my celica. i want to put a good gearbox in it, mine is a little broken :( anyone know of a good high performance gearbox that will fit.. with relative ease?

now i know nothing about mechanics.. im just happy to be able to spell the word. <_<

Random curiosity: anyone have the good ol' 84?

trying to do something a little different with my celica. i want to put a good gearbox in it, mine is a little broken :( anyone know of a good high performance gearbox that will fit.. with relative ease?

1984 = RA60/SA63/RA65? Any reason for a "high-performance" gearbox (ie is the engine not standard etc?) Because otherwise, the best bet is to just get the exact same gearbox as what you have right now (W50 most likely) and just drop that back in.

the box that was in it was standard. i didnt like the gear ratio, is the main reason im tryin to see if there is anything else.

Its an RA65. and the idea is that eventually, the engine will be far from standard..

so? is it still reccomended to put the same gearbox in?

the box that was in it was standard. i didnt like the gear ratio, is the main reason im tryin to see if there is anything else.

Its an RA65. and the idea is that eventually, the engine will be far from standard..

so? is it still reccomended to put the same gearbox in?

Best/easiest thing to do is put the same series gearbox back in, most likely when your engine gets upgraded down the line (I'm assuming 1G or 1JZ) you'll easily be able to get a gearbox to suit along with it.