Aurion engine used by Lotus

I'll take the Nagari with supercharged 2GR and manual :P if they ever make it (some people keep saying that it'll only be auto because thats what the TRD Aurion has, which means bugger-all)

well the IS350 uses the 2GR with the supercharger and is rwd. but lacks the manual =(

IS350 doesn't have supercharger...

Wouldn't matter anyway as the Nagari uses a transaxle so wouldn't be able to use a normal FR RWD gearbox.

well the IS350 uses the 2GR with the supercharger and is rwd. but lacks the manual =(

oh really?? i always thought they were running the 2GR-FSE.

ive been watching them on youtube y are they so damn quick then?

oh really?? i always thought they were running the 2GR-FSE.

ive been watching them on youtube y are they so damn quick then?

They are running the 2GR-FSE.....the S stands for direct injection, not Supercharger. Z is the ID for a supercharger, so technically the TRD Aurion engine is a 2GR-FZE (if they've given it an official engine designation, which I doubt, as they didn't give one to the 7AFTE AE112 Sportivo)

seriously, who would own a elise, and not want a high revving motor like the 2zz?

anyone know if they push the rev limit up in the evora, 6000rpm is boring as sht. and what do they do to get up there if they do.

whitestivo

The Elise does use the 2zz (and 1zz) since Rover went out of business.

The Evora uses the 2gr. The Evora is marketed as a more grown-up car, not a track car like the Elise. The Evora will be very capable on a track, but thats not what it was designed to do 100% of the time. Torque is one of those thigns that doesn't require high revs to achieve ;)

The Elise does use the 2zz (and 1zz) since Rover went out of business.

The Evora uses the 2gr. The Evora is marketed as a more grown-up car, not a track car like the Elise. The Evora will be very capable on a track, but thats not what it was designed to do 100% of the time. Torque is one of those thigns that doesn't require high revs to achieve ;)

To me the Evora is the new Esprit, and the old Esprit had a 3.5L V8 that redlined at 7000rpm....then again, it was also twin-turbo

• 1 month later...

One thing that second video does show is just how hard u can push the 2GR if u have to and as far as the aurion handling like that if it was RWD i doubt it as that car had the engine mid mounted which obviously made it very very balanced. In my ae86 to make it handle as good as a stock AW11 i had to do considerable suspension work thats a good exaple of the difference.