Burning smell???

Hi peeps,

Just wondering if anyone has got a funny smell after a driving their aurion? (normal drive that is)

I'm getting a weird rubber burn / like smell from the engine bay each time I drive my car normally? Could it be from the enginge cover. I don't think it would be othewise someone may have posted this problem up.

Let me know.

Regards,

o12lando

Depends on how you define normal :lol:. I get all kinds of burning smells after a 'normal' drive and this comes from either the tires or the brakes.

Jokes aside, if I drive my Aurion really tame and then get back home and put it in the garage, I do notice it smells lightly of hot rubber. I'm not too fussed about it because when you consider how much plastic and rubber there is around the engine bay, I think the process of it heating up creates that smell.

Also as well during the course of normal driving, all kinds of things get kicked up into the lower part of the engine bay from the road. When this grime, etc gets heated by the engine and exhaust, it also can create some odd smells.

stop doing skid then... :huh:

:P hehe

its completely normal for a newish car to have that smell...

haha :P

but the car is 2nd hand and got it around 56km when I got it.... As DJ and yourself has said maybe it is just normal and nothing to really worry about.. so long as I'm not the only one :D

It's probably nothing. Let it run it a little more and the smell should go away, whenever I get my current car serviced, it always comes back with a burning smell as you say. It is probably just the lubricants and excess oil getting burnt off the internal components as they heat up after a drive.