navigation system

rosmci

Two questions from technology illiterate, both in relation to the navigation system built into the sound system in a 2008 Prado Grande.

1. Is there any way to retrieve information about the points that show up as blue flags after hitting "mark" on the screen?

People have shown me some useful turnoffs I've marked and would like to pass on to people I work with. I can't find anything in the manual about accessing this data & none of the tracks we use are in any of the navigation maps on screen.

2. Does anyone know of any way to cleaning dust out of the slot for the "whereis navigation data" v14 dvd disk?

After my last run both the cd and dvd slots were full of dust. The disks came out clotted red.

I've got them clean and an ordinary CD/DVD lens cleaner cleared the CD slot.

But I cannot find a way to make it run in the dvd slot.

Any help very much appreciated :unsure:

rosmci

• 1 month later...
Two questions from technology illiterate, both in relation to the navigation system built into the sound system in a 2008 Prado Grande.

1. Is there any way to retrieve information about the points that show up as blue flags after hitting "mark" on the screen?

People have shown me some useful turnoffs I've marked and would like to pass on to people I work with. I can't find anything in the manual about accessing this data & none of the tracks we use are in any of the navigation maps on screen.

2. Does anyone know of any way to cleaning dust out of the slot for the "whereis navigation data" v14 dvd disk?

After my last run both the cd and dvd slots were full of dust. The disks came out clotted red.

I've got them clean and an ordinary CD/DVD lens cleaner cleared the CD slot.

But I cannot find a way to make it run in the dvd slot.

Any help very much appreciated :unsure:

rosmci

I think this is one of the limitations of the factory satnav...cannot easily get any useful info out of it. My wife has the vehicle out at the moment, but I'll doublecheck when she is back.

As for the dust, you must have been going through a lot of it to fill up your unit. Not sure what to recommend there. I do know that the guys at places like Northfield offer good advice and are used to opening these things up. Might be worth a chat with them.

Cheers

• 7 months later...

Re the dust: Just use a narrow throat nozzle to the end of your normal household vaccum cleaner and move it across the face of the slot. You DON'T want to have a nozzle that's so small that it fits into the slot (otherwisde other damage to the CD drive might occur.). Just putting it at the opening should present sufficient pressure to suck out dust affecting the CD drive read heads.

Prados usually have an excellent seal on the doors and windows so unless you had the windows open or the vents open while driving through dust (and lots of it) I'd recommend you might wish to check the operation of the vents inside the dash. Cheers. Badman.

All else failing, I'd recommend a professional service the denso unit.