My 1st HID retrofit

czaja74

I was reading a few HID retrofit DIY's before and apparently in the U.S., they use a product called JBWeld to glue things together. I'm not sure if we sell that or if there's an equivalent here. Apparently it holds and sticks like there's no tomorrow, even under heat.

... they use a product called JBWeld to glue things together. I'm not sure if we sell that or if there's an equivalent here. Apparently it holds and sticks like there's no tomorrow, even under heat.

+1. If you are going to clue anything inside your headlight, definitely go for the JBWeld. You can find it in Australia if you look around. I've seen it here once, I can't quite remember where. I think it was a truck and diesel spares shop. That stuff is the ducks nuts. It's like liquid metal and once it sets, is extremely hard and heat resistant, good for inside the headlight. Just make sure you get it right cause if you don't, the only way to remove it is by grinding or filing.

... they use a product called JBWeld to glue things together. I'm not sure if we sell that or if there's an equivalent here. Apparently it holds and sticks like there's no tomorrow, even under heat.

+1. If you are going to clue anything inside your headlight, definitely go for the JBWeld. You can find it in Australia if you look around. I've seen it here once, I can't quite remember where. I think it was a truck and diesel spares shop. That stuff is the ducks nuts. It's like liquid metal and once it sets, is extremely hard and heat resistant, good for inside the headlight. Just make sure you get it right cause if you don't, the only way to remove it is by grinding or filing.

Considering you will be using HID's the heat output will be significantly less, food for thought.

Considering you will be using HID's the heat output will be significantly less, food for thought.

May be significantly less, but it's still a fair bit of heat to be able to trust just any type of epoxy.

are the two inner holes on the top or bottom? assuming its on the top, how about this design? flip it if its at the bottom.

will need thick aluminium or steel to support those heavy projectors from vibrating. i read in a retrofitting forum that jbweld doesn't handle well with vibrations? it might be one case.

I believe in most retro's the projectors are held onto the original housing via some long bolts and nuts. JBWeld is just used to hold the shrouds inplace. Not to hold the projectors in place within the housing.. you'll still need bolts and nuts.

what a nice set of projectors n shrouds ><

i do not suggest u use glue..def screws n nuts..

imagine if the glue isnt strong enough or something like that..

n when ure driving half way..it came off..

then u have to open everything up n all again..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that.

I have another problem. I went to the Nissan dealer spare parts but they couldnt find the sealer. These numbers on the photo arent a part number ones. Can anyone suggest what I can use to reseal headlights or what is the proper part number for the sealer.

sealer.jpg

I thought about it.

Also I need to spray paint top part of the projectors with chrome color. I seen in Bunnies chrome spray paint but I'm not sure if it will be good enough for the high temp. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that driver side beam is weaker than passanger one. Did I put them wrong way around?

Both:

dsc0001largeemailview.jpg

Driver side only:

dsc0002largeemailview.jpg

Edited by czaja74

JB Weld can be used to put the shrouds in place, not much is required as the shrouds are pretty light...

I got mine from Kmart a while back, not sure if they still have them, but such a great thing to use...

I think you've already used bolts/nuts for your projectors??

Yes I will use JB Weld. Also I pinpoint problem. It looks like there is a problem with a light bulb. I used the second one in the projector and it was perfect. I took some photos. I'll post them after all is completed.

Edited by czaja74