TRD brake pads

azzman372

Hey,

Tried doing a search and didn't find any info so here goes. I'm looking to buy some TRD brake pards for my 05 sportivo and I found a place that sell both front and rears. I asked for the part number and this corresponds to the one in the corolla part numbers. I just want to know if these pads for the rear are the correct ones cause I read somewhere that the front and rear pads are the same?

Front: 04491 ZT300

bnr1qqcgkkgrhgookjgejll.jpg

Rear: 04492 ZT300

fa192.jpg

Thanks

Edited by azzman372

Yeah I saw the one selling the TRD pads in the FS section and pmed but no news. I'm planning to get some DBA/RDA (depending which is cheaper) and it was either the TRD pads or EBC green stuff. Anyway my question was is there a difference between the front and rear pads and are the ones shown the correct one? But yeah I may just change the fronts for now.

When you got them, were the front and rear pads physically the same or did they look like they are in the picture? I guess thats what i'm trying to get at haha

Edited by azzman372

When you got them, were the front and rear pads physically the same or did they look like they are in the picture? I guess thats what i'm trying to get at haha
They look nothing like the pics you posted. See above.

Gav.

Those pictures are used for illustration purposes only.

:P :P :P

Ahhhh thanks. I'm still probably going to only get fronts. how much are these worth? got quoted from Castle Hill toyota $225 for the front and I can buy them brand new for $120

Ahhhh thanks. I'm still probably going to only get fronts. how much are these worth? got quoted from Castle Hill toyota $225 for the front and I can buy them brand new for $120

if you were going to get the greenstuff by any chance you should look into the red stuff as they are only 20 bucks more compared to the greens and some would say that the reds are whole lot better then the greens (i have no experience with them .. so hope someone that does would point some light)

From what I have heard about red stuff, they better for sure however they generate a ridiculous amount of brake dust. My cousin has it in his s14

Rear pads definately are not the same as the fronts.

Pre and post facelift doesn't matter, same calipers. Only difference is the Sportivo (and Celica) have different front calieprs to the normal rolla. Euro spec has different calipers too.

The Corolla does next to no braking from the rear, so save your money on upgrading the rear.

Rear pads definately are not the same as the fronts.

Pre and post facelift doesn't matter, same calipers. Only difference is the Sportivo (and Celica) have different front calieprs to the normal rolla. Euro spec has different calipers too.

The Corolla does next to no braking from the rear, so save your money on upgrading the rear.

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely only upgrading the fronts with TRD pads and DBA slotted.

Got quoted from Super cheap auto $175 a side for DBA and from another store $350 for front RDA

I paid arond $800 for dbc rotors front gold series slotted cross drilled and

rear dba slotted and cross drilled gold series rotors that was installed and they also replaced my brake pads with

trd rear black pads and toyota at the front. I was quoted $330 for the front black series trds and would have had a month wait. So when the fronts pads are due for replacing i will be looking for the trds again.

the front dbas had to be custom made specially for the corolla.

As mine was the normal rolla and it took a couple of attempts to get the fronts right. the company kept getting it wrong. but will worth it .

I paid around $800 for dbarotors front gold series slotted cross drilled and

rear dba slotted and cross drilled gold series rotors that was installed and they also replaced my brake pads with

trd rear black pads and toyota at the front. I was quoted $330 for the front black series trds and would have had a month wait. So when the fronts pads are due for replacing i will be looking for the trds again.

the front dbas had to be custom made specially for the corolla.

As mine was the normal rolla and it took a couple of attempts to get the fronts right. the company kept getting it wrong. but will worth it .

EBC Green Stuff are good for the road but not the track as the heat co-efficient isn't high enough to bla bla bla bla ................ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*snoores* ....

Anyway, Red Stuff is better compare to Green Stuff. I've seen the pads warped on a mate's car on the same track day we went to and he just upgraded rotors and pads.

TRD Black Stuff is not too bad. Held up better than the Green Stuff. Generates a fair amount of dust. But IMO, you've got to either be wearing out the disc or the pad either way so that doesn't bother me.

As for rotors, I got my DBA slotted ones for about $300. It was $220 at one point but that was a couple months back.

For RDA slotted ones, you can get them for about $220 -> $250 if you do some ringing around.

I think Kenneth got a quote for some RDA cross drilled ones for about $400 a pair for ZZE122 fronts ???

The main differences between RDA and DBA rotors are that the slots on the RDA start from the edge of the rotor which promotes cracking whereas the DBA's don't.

Ive been getting quotes and the best price i've got for DBA's is $300. Call around it's worth it. I've been quoted about $500+ for a pair of DBA before.. :/

The main differences between RDA and DBA rotors are that the slots on the RDA start from the edge of the rotor which promotes cracking whereas the DBA's don't.

Ive been getting quotes and the best price i've got for DBA's is $300. Call around it's worth it. I've been quoted about $500+ for a pair of DBA before.. :/

Is that for the DBA 4000 series slotted rotors?

So much for "Super Cheap" auto lol. I am going to order the TRD black pads for $120.

Anyone have any recomendations as to where to look for some cheaper DBA 4000 slotted rotors in Sydney?

Is that for the DBA 4000 series slotted rotors?

So much for "Super Cheap" auto lol. I am going to order the TRD black pads for $120.

Anyone have any recomendations as to where to look for some cheaper DBA 4000 slotted rotors in Sydney?

Mate, those are just normal slotted.

Not 4000 series.

U know those on eBay are most probably fakes right ????????????????????????????????????

Read the fake toyota parts thread. If you ask where, search. Cause I CBF ;)