Engine Leak

Hey guys,

I have a 91 corolla seca SX. I just noticed getting out of my car at University that my car has some sort of leak. I had a close look to see what the problem is and I cannot figure it out.

Looks like water but I could not see any leaks in the radiator but is dripping from around the engine. It's a fairly steady pour for thirty odd seconds and then stops. Not sure whether its water, coolant or transmission fluid. anyone have any ideas?

Hey guys,

I have a 91 corolla seca SX. I just noticed getting out of my car at University that my car has some sort of leak. I had a close look to see what the problem is and I cannot figure it out.

Looks like water but I could not see any leaks in the radiator but is dripping from around the engine. It's a fairly steady pour for thirty odd seconds and then stops. Not sure whether its water, coolant or transmission fluid. anyone have any ideas?

What colour is it? Coolant will be either green or red, oil will be black, fuel will smell, power steering fluid will be red etc etc

And whereabouts is it dripping from? If any fluid is leaking then checking all your fluid levels will tell you what it is, the location will help too

In saying this I'm assuming it's not condensation from the air-con, if you've had the aircon on for any decent amount of time then you'll get fairly steady drips coming from the vent pipe, this is completely normal.

i think that it's most likely condensation. if it was a leak of any sort of any engine fluid, i doubt it would 'pour' for 30 seconds and then stop all of a sudden

Edited by lateralus

i think that it's most likely condensation. if it was a leak of any sort of any engine fluid, i doubt it would 'pour' for 30 seconds and then stop all of a sudden

I doubt it's a "pour" anyway - aircon condensation is a steady drip, and anything that "pours" out will be empty after only a couple of drives, making it's lack of presence immediately noticeable (coolant = engine overheating and blowing, oil = engine overheating and blowing, power-steering = steering becomes heaps harder and you hit a wall, brake fluid = brakes don't work and you hit a wall, clutch fluid = clutch won't work gearbox grinds and won't change gears and you'll get distracted and hit a wall)