K&N air filter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't heard of too many that have posted yet about getting the panel filter. So far the only two people I'm aware of is Elgin (Supercharged TRD; used to have one when he had the TRD), and Dave (SupaTouring; has a TRD panel filter).

Your best bet is to order it online. Now that the US exchange rate is looking a bit more respectable, it would work out cheaper to get it there since to get someone like Repco to order it in, you will be looking at around the $130+ range.

When Elgin ordered one in September last year, he paid about USD$77.05 posted for his.

I'm looking for a K&N filter for mine too. I really want CAI though but don't know the ins and out's of fitting one to an Aurion.....

If I find anymore info. I'll post up :)

as "00UCH" said... have a look on ebay...

there is an international seller on there that sells them...

i had a look last night and it was about $70 AUD + postage...

if my paypal account was working, i would have bought it already... :(

here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-Air-Fil...sQ5fAccessories

works out to be about AUD$100 to AUD$110 including postage i think...

not bad, imo...

and for those that are interested, here is the short ram intake system from K&N for the aurion...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-Typhoon...sQ5fAccessories

its for the american camry which is a 3.5lt V6 too... same engine, so i cant see why it wouldnt fit... BUT DONT TAKE MY WORD ON IT!!! :lol:

Edited by SecaBoy

here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-Air-Fil...sQ5fAccessories

works out to be about AUD$100 to AUD$110 including postage i think...

not bad, imo...

and for those that are interested, here is the short ram intake system from K&N for the aurion...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-Typhoon...sQ5fAccessories

its for the american camry which is a 3.5lt V6 too... same engine, so i cant see why it wouldnt fit... BUT DONT TAKE MY WORD ON IT!!! :lol:

Thanks mate, I am getting one for sure. hope my paypal account is working. $110 is cheaper than the TRD panel filter. ($180 from TRD dealer).

I swear I mentioned getting this done on my Aurion ZR6.

All I did was grab the K&N part number from the website (panel filter, not the pod filter unit) for the Camry V6 '07.

Then I just went to places like Bursons and Autobarn. Bursons wanted to charge me about $140 for the unit plus $25 to get it shipped from one of the other shops in Newcastle. The part number when they bought it up it said it was for a Camry 3.5L V6.

So I went to Autobarn and did the same thing, this time on their computer it actually came up as Aurion V6 3.5L which is a better sign. They charged me $115 for the filter and no delivery charge. Took 2 days to get here from wherever they got it from, installed and fitted like a charm. :)

All I did was grab the K&N part number from the website (panel filter, not the pod filter unit) for the Camry V6 '07.

Then I just went to places like Bursons and Autobarn. Bursons wanted to charge me about $140 for the unit plus $25 to get it shipped from one of the other shops in Newcastle. The part number when they bought it up it said it was for a Camry 3.5L V6.

So I went to Autobarn and did the same thing, this time on their computer it actually came up as Aurion V6 3.5L which is a better sign. They charged me $115 for the filter and no delivery charge. Took 2 days to get here from wherever they got it from, installed and fitted like a charm. :)

Do you still remember the part number Tofu?

Do you feel any difference after using the K&N?

Do you still remember the part number Tofu?

Do you feel any difference after using the K&N?

Anything you do to a Aurion is going to feel minimal. The 1st and 2nd time you start it it will sound diff you will hear it suck but with out a tune or any sork of ECU to tune it you wont get a hell of alot of power gain from anything. I am keeping my ear and eye out for ecu's as soon as i find somthing ill let everyone on here know :D.

I think its a bit rich in price wise with minimal performance

K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake silver, TOYOTA Camry

performance wise we need to start looking at injectors, throttle bodies , ecu and cams , exhuast.

AUR30N

Edited by AUR30N

• 2 weeks later...
the part number is 33-2326.

I have the same K&N also and love it, I could not find a good deal on ebay so I found a discount coupon here: K&N 33-2326, or you can try one of the vendors on the forum here, you can usually find a good deal that way as well. This was very easy to install and I love it. :yahoo:

the part number is 33-2326.

I have the same K&N also and love it, I could not find a good deal on ebay so I found a discount coupon here: K&N 33-2326, or you can try one of the vendors on the forum here, you can usually find a good deal that way as well. This was very easy to install and I love it. :yahoo:

Thanks mate. I ordered on eBay a few days ago, now I am just waiting..... 2-3 weeks I was told :huh:

It does make the intake noise sound slightly better - especially if you have the TRD the supercharger whine was a tad louder. But don't expect any increases in performance. When I put mine in, it felt faster but I think it was only because I spent almost AUD$100 on the filter and wanted it to feel faster. :lol:

It does make the intake noise sound slightly better - especially if you have the TRD the supercharger whine was a tad louder. But don't expect any increases in performance. When I put mine in, it felt faster but I think it was only because I spent almost AUD$100 on the filter and wanted it to feel faster. :lol:

Hehe it's called the "Mental horsepower"

Just received my K&N High- Flow Air Filter part #33-2326 from the K&N U.S site, I must say there is some sound improvements and possible performance improvements.

I believe there is ways of improving the intake via simple modifications like removing the charcoal filter (carbon filter) which is better in the garden ;) .

There is a carbon filter, which adsorbs the HC that accumulates in the intake system when the engine is stopped,

is used in the air cleaner case in order to reduce evaporative emissions. This filter is maintenance-free.

Along with the use of the air intake control system, an air intake control valve is provided on the air cleaner

case.

14adbfd.png

Edited by MartysAurion

I believe there is ways of improving the intake via simple modifications like removing the charcoal filter (carbon filter)

Yeah mate. That was one of the things I removed in my intake when I was making everything flow a bit better. There aren't really any gains to be made here. You will just hear everything a little more.

I Like the new K&N filters for the 2GR-FE sold in America. K&N Typhoon for Aurion (2GR-FE)
Anyone tried the K&N Typhoon Air Intake System 69-8611TS ?

It says on the K&N Site that there is a Estimated Horsepower Gain of 11.74 HP @ 4770 RPM

Dyno sheet

That one has been out for quite a while. I do think the HP gain is a bit over the top. As well, this is a figure at the flywheel, so the gains at the wheel won't be as much if there were such. The guys in the States have been arguing this one for a bit and their recommendation is that swapping over your stock filter for a K&N panel filter would provide the same benefits.

At up to AUD$400, you'd be wasting your money for just a gain in induction sound. You;d be better off getting a custom one made up for cheaper.

Your right mate. They have been around for ages.

But you cannot go to any reputable K&N dealer or auto parts outlet and order them. In addition to saying that, it was a journey trying to order the 33 2326 K&N I was basically promised by everyone they can order it. I gave up after 2 months and got it from ebay US.

But you cannot go to any reputable K&N dealer or auto parts outlet and order them. In addition to saying that, it was a journey trying to order the 33 2326 K&N I was basically promised by everyone they can order it. I gave up after 2 months and got it from ebay US.

I always try and avoid ordering overseas products like that locally. It avoids that issue mentioned above, plus you can usually find it cheaper due to various specials from online stores. I hate dealing with a middle-man.

On a side note, if someone here was thinking about spending that much on the N&N SRI, go for the Fujita CAI instead. It may work out cheaper, plus it sounds meaner and scoops up cooler air.