Clutch Knocking?!?!?!?

Hi guys

Did a bit of a search, couldnt really find anything much.... I have recently noticed that i can hear a knocking sound comming from the passenger side of my engine bay right at the friction point when the clutch engages. First of all, sounds like a clutch problem from the circumstanes am i right? And would the answer to fixing this be just to replace the clutch? (have noticed it getting weaker over the last 10,000kms or so) Car has done 111,000 KM with the standard clutch so would it prob be time to replace it? Also called up supercheap and they said standard replacement clutch is $195 and HD clutch (one level up from standard) is $395. These sound about right? Also about how much do you reckon installation would be? (like would $300 be a safe figure)

Any help would be great :)

I'd be checking to see if something is loose on the LHS and knocking when the car starts to move...

Check your engine mounts, battery clamp, air box, strut bolts, etc, etc, etc...

Hey Rolla Boy u were right!!!!!!! i tightened up my cai and battery clamp, and it seems to have gone away! :yahoo: Must have been vibration caused at friction point of the clutch that caused a rattle with either.

Thanks heaps for the help guys :yahoo:

I'd be checking to see if something is loose on the LHS and knocking when the car starts to move...

Check your engine mounts, battery clamp, air box, strut bolts, etc, etc, etc...

Hey Rolla Boy u were right!!!!!!! i tightened up my cai and battery clamp, and it seems to have gone away! :yahoo: Must have been vibration caused at friction point of the clutch that caused a rattle with either.

Thanks heaps for the help guys :yahoo:

;) ;) ;)