Black corolla detailing inside n out..

Sergio

It's black and it can get filthy. I have bought the car around two months ago. Since then haven't had the chance to drive it much let alone do anything to it (UNI grrrr). Before i start with any mods i decided to give it a complete detail inside and out. All i need now is good weather :) The plan is to do the inside first, engine bay, body work and then the outside.

Most of the products are Armor All as I got a lot of them as a present. I see a lot of people value the Meguiars products here.

Inside:

1. Get the seats out and plastics including the middle console.

2. Vacuum the **** out of the carpet

3. Condition the carpet (not sure what product, suggestions?)

4. Vacuum, dust, clean, condition the seats

5. Clean all the plastics - armor all protectant

6. Windows (inside)

once cleaned on inside the following will go in:

- taylor made corolla seat covers

- two tone euro look wheelskins leather steering wheel cover

- illuminated red door sills

- genuine corolla floor mats

- dvd/gps double din unit

- new speakers all round

- window tint

Engine:

Neighbor does it for round $70 includes entire engine bay top to bottom, wheels arches, and around the wheel area, breaks etc

Body work and Spraying:

1. There is a little dint on the door that i'll get fixed up and colour code some plastics.

2. Remove all rear badges besides the toyota logo.

Outside:

1. Wash the entire car with a sheepwools mitt and Armor All car wash liquid.

2. Clay bar the car using Armor All clay kit.

3. Polish it using a 'Turtle WAX color cure plus', black.

http://www.turtlewax.com.au/classic.htm

Now this polish is black, it comes in different colours to suit your car colour. It also comes with a chipstick. I never used such polish so wouldn't mind hearing from anyone that has or has some knowledge and/pr tips bout it.

4. Once polished I'll go over the car and use scratchX 2.0 where necessary.

5. Applying Armor All wax n polish. I don't know if I should be going over it with wax and polish maybe just some good wax?

6. Probably apply two layers of wax. See how i go with weather and time.

7. Condition all the plastics

8. Clean the windows

9. Wheels and tires will be knew so no work there.

once cleaned on the outside the following going on:

- chrome door handles

- short antenna

- springs

- wheels & tyres

I would appreciate any tips, extra methods, anything that could help me out. I will post up some photos as I go just so people can see the outcome with a different product and procedures of detailing their car.

Big thanks to the tips posted on this forum about detailing as they've helped me understand a lot about detailing and using different products.

Thanks,

Serge

I have heard some bad things about armor all products and have really ever only used Meguires so i may be a bit biased here.

I would suggest not using armor all on the dash as it contains silicon which tends to give a real big shine, almost to much and can lead to fading and cracking in the future. Once you use it once you need to contiune to use it otherwise it will dry out very quickly.

I suggest getting some turtle wax Renew Upholstery Cleaner (Link) to clean the seats and carpet, however don't use the scrubbing lid on the seats as it will lift the fabric and look ****.

For the outside, if you are intent on using what you have that's fine but normally i follow an order like this

1. Wash (Lambswool mit - 2 Bucket method)

2. Dry (Microfibre Weave cloth)

3. Clay (Meguires Kit)

4. Scratch X (Rub this in till it disapeers and then start again - This product needs to be worked)

5. Polish (Cleaner Polish - Like Scratch X work this in)

6. Wax (NX 2.0 Works well but it attracts the dust - Being a wax, you are coating the surface not penetrating it)

7. Plastics/Windows

This is what i follow and i am not saying its the correct way.

Remember that you can clay your entire car, not just the paint, and you will be amazed at the dirt that comes off the glass and plastic/rubber surrounds.

Thanks for the support guys, and some good suggestions Brad.

I have noticed the real big shine using those armor all wipes on my old car, haven't used the spray though.

I worked for a mobile waterless detailing company for a little while and have used clay a fair bit so yeh applying it to windows and plastics would pretty much have the same effect as on the paint. Except they would use all these waterless products which excludes the typical water wash, polish and wax.

Well now its just a patient wait until a nice non rainy day comes :)

Thanks,

Serge

I am gonna go past super cheap today and was wondering since Brad suggested I don't use armor all protectant on the insde plastics, whats a good product to use to replace it?

Thanks,

Serge

I am gonna go past super cheap today and was wondering since Brad suggested I don't use armor all protectant on the insde plastics, whats a good product to use to replace it?

Thanks,

Serge

These works wonders ;)

Lproduct_G13616.jpg

Got up pretty early this morning and started detailing the inside of the corolla. The carpet cleaned very nice as well as the seats. The Quick Interior Detailer did work wonders. The seat covers are on, the floor mats are in and the entire inside detail is complete. Also totally forgot about having the music on so drained my batt :(

Tomorrow morning I will try and install the following:

- two tone euro look wheelskins leather steering wheel cover

- illuminated red door sills

Sunday most probably get the tints and the speakers in couple of weeks. Still waiting on the DVD/GPS to be posted.

Will post up photos when i get most of these done. So far happy with the result.

Thanks,

Serge