The new kid

Hi all, just found these forums, seems like a good idea, haven't been able to find anyother forums that has people modding newish cars, great work guys! My Corolla is nothing too spesh.

Pics

Clicky clicky

Mods:

16" Advanti chrome rims (dunno the name, couldn't care to much either way)

Hankook Sport K104 205/45Z/R16 tyres

Momo gear knob

Pioneer Mp3 headunit

Front speakers : Cadence 6" splits

Rear Speakers: Blaupunkt 6" splits (comp. grade)

Sub: Pov pack 12" Pioneer (pre-boxed POS)

Amps: 1600 watt Audiopipe (for more and better subs eventually)

480 watt Coustik (running the splits)

Very flaming loud B)

Oh well have a good one all.

Andrew

Hi all, just found these forums, seems like a good idea, haven't been able to find anyother forums that has people modding newish cars, great work guys! My Corolla is nothing too spesh.

Pics

Clicky clicky

Mods:

16" Advanti chrome rims (dunno the name, couldn't care to much either way)

Hankook Sport K104 205/45Z/R16 tyres

Momo gear knob

Pioneer Mp3 headunit

Front speakers : Cadence 6" splits

Rear Speakers: Blaupunkt 6" splits (comp. grade)

Sub: Pov pack 12" Pioneer (pre-boxed POS)

Amps: 1600 watt Audiopipe (for more and better subs eventually)

480  watt Coustik (running the splits)

Very flaming loud B)

Oh well have a good one all.

Andrew

Welcome Andrew :D

looks like your into your audio gear pretty well huh!? excellent

so where abouts are you from ???

any more plans for the rolla?

Hey mate, i'm from Wello Point (Cleveland way), not sure what to do with the Rolla, i'm watching petrol prices because i was going to sell it in a year for a work/camping 4wd. But if petrol continues to be a bitch, i will stick with the Corolla.

I have been meaning to ask people about non-major mods you can do to the 1zz-fe for power gains... ie is it worth working out a KnN pod filter (Air flow sensor becomes an issue)/panel filter, anyother suggestions?

At the moment i am a 1st apprentice, so not much money to throw around :(

Cheers, Andrew

good to see another 1zz-fe corolla on these forums amoungst all the sportivos.

What springs have you got on your rolla ?

Why don't you do the throttle body coolant bypass if your after some better performance, I don't think there is any cheaper mods then this one.

Then save your money for a bit and get a TRD CAI you will be happy with the gains that you get from one of these, although they aren't cheap so maybe a TRD Panel Filter might suit your needs a bit better ?

Also if you haven't allready, for your next oil change get some good quilty synthetic stuff this will also yield some small gains.

good to see another 1zz-fe corolla on these forums amoungst all the sportivos.

What springs have you got on your rolla ?

Why don't you do the throttle body coolant bypass if your after some better performance, I don't think there is any cheaper mods then this one.

Then save your money for a bit and get a TRD CAI you will be happy with the gains that you get from one of these, although they aren't cheap so maybe a TRD Panel Filter might suit your needs a bit better ?

Also if you haven't allready, for your next oil change get some good quilty synthetic stuff this will also yield some small gains.

Interseting mate, i don't have any friends who have new Rolla's so i don't hear about the mods people do, i was about to go out and just get a KnN panel filter, but i might put that thought on hold for now. What is involved with the throttle body coolant bypass? What size gains?

I was thinking of just checking out the aftermarket CAI's getting around for the Rolla, is it worth it with the 1zz-fe though?

I love being able to talk about new Rolla's being modded rather than old celicas etc on other sites, i love it!

Cheers mate,

Andrew

best thing to do would be to get your ***** out tonight, as between most of us QLD guys we have done almost everything to our cars.

I want to, no troubles there, but i am busy till 9 PM, and then i got an exam tomorrow and assignment due tomorrow as well.

I think it would be worth getting a CAI, although I'm not sure on actual power gain figures i would think it would have to around 5 fwkw ?(anyone with one verify this).

But from everone that i have seen /read about getting a TRD CAI has been very happy with it, I think it also improves fuel efficency.

The throttly Bdy Bypass is simple and well worth the 1/2 hour (if that) it takes.

See here

You don't actually need to buy those barbs as you can just loop the long house for the by pass and the short to seal of the throttle body from getting dirt in it.

I did this mod on the weekend and noticed a small improvment in my midrange torque, as for the size of the gain actually nothing because all your doing is returning power thats there on startup but lost when the throttle body heats up, I made a thread not long ago about in the corolla forum as i was having a couple of issues after i did the MOD but all sorted themseleves out.

Hey Trogdor

Just putting a K&N panel filter in will make a difference to performance. If your interested I've got one doing nothing as I've now got a TRD CAI fitted to my car. PM me if your interested. Milton meet up time is from 9-9.30pm onwards so if you can spare a couple of minutes come and say hello and someone there will probably have the tools to do the throttle body bypass for you.

Hey Trogdor

Just putting a K&N panel filter in will make a difference to performance. If your interested I've got one doing nothing as I've now got a TRD CAI fitted to my car. PM me if your interested. Milton meet up time is from 9-9.30pm onwards so if you can spare a couple of minutes come and say hello and someone there will probably have the tools to do the throttle body bypass for you.

I reckon i can make it tonight, whats the address/directions? i'll have to come straight from home at 9 PM, i'll get there about 9:30 PM, where do u guys go after Milton? I'll be the tall guy in the Silver Corolla.

Data3 Castlemaine St Milton. Besdie Suncorp Stadium. Head along the M1 into town and follow riverside expressway. Turn off at Hale st and stay in the left lane. Take the first exit to Milton rd. Turn left onto Milton rd then get over to right lane and turn right at lights into Castlemaine st. Data3 is about 300 metres or so down the street on the left. Look for all the Corolla's in the car park between the 2 buildings. Easy to find if you miss us we'll try and flag you down!!!

where do u guys go after Milton?

That depends who you ask and who makes the decisions....

Myself: Home...

Brenndan: Home...

Craig: Couple of 'tough ones'

Wei Wei: He goes with the Cruising Brisbane guys with Elenis and her EVO...

Greg: Home to get a good night's sleep for footy...

Michael: Anywhere...

Kyle: He has to make the last bus...... :)

In all seriousness - it depends on what people feel like. SOmetimes we might disperse and go home or we might lap the city for a while or do Mt Cootha or something...

Bring a CB