Rear window fog

httttt

I'm looking for people's opinions on rear windscreen fog.

I have owned a small car for the last 3 years and never once had a problem with rear windscreen fog, but I purchased an Aurion 2 weeks ago and the rear windscreen fogs up excessively. Fair go, I live in Sydney and it has been cold all day (14 ro 18 d/c) but I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problems.

Am I being stupid? :blink:

Edited by Hidden Taco

Are you talking about inside or out. I can't say I've had such an issue with the outside fogging up, but that's Brisbane weather.

If you mean on the inside however, I can say that I do get that on the really cold nights, but only with the windows up and the A/C of and the vent set to recirculate. If it's a case of interior fogging, it helps to have your vents set to 'fresh air', or your windows down a crack, or to have your A/C set on. Even with the heat on, having the A/C on will remove moisture from the air.

If it's outside fog, there is only so much you can do. You can either aim to have the temperature inside the car to match that on the outside (most likely not what you want), or you can find apply some form of window treatment like Rain-X.

Are you talking about inside or out. I can't say I've had such an issue with the outside fogging up, but that's Brisbane weather.

If you mean on the inside however, I can say that I do get that on the really cold nights, but only with the windows up and the A/C of and the vent set to recirculate. If it's a case of interior fogging, it helps to have your vents set to 'fresh air', or your windows down a crack, or to have your A/C set on. Even with the heat on, having the A/C on will remove moisture from the air.

If it's outside fog, there is only so much you can do. You can either aim to have the temperature inside the car to match that on the outside (most likely not what you want), or you can find apply some form of window treatment like Rain-X.

I am specifically talking about inside only. It is really excessive and annoying.

HMMMM. I will give leaving the 'fresh air' vent open as it is a habit of mine to keep it closed (Sydney stinks).

Glad to see another Aurion driver reply. I wonder if any other Sydney Aurion or Camry drivers are having the same issues lately. My first thought was that there is water getting in somewhere... DJKOR, You'd be an expert on water getting in.

Glad to see another Aurion driver reply. I wonder if any other Sydney Aurion or Camry drivers are having the same issues lately.

Another factor to consider is the outside humidity. When you open your doors/windows then close them, you are trapping a large volume of air in the car close to whatever humidity it is outside. If the car is fairly well sealed inside, this air will heat up with your body temperature and/or heater, and BAM, you've got foggy windows. I forgot to mention, I have had a situation where it would fog up extremely quick if I put the vents to recirculation, and that was on my drive to Melbourne. The conditions were foggy outside and the air temp was about 5-10 degrees.

Another thing that speeds up the foggy windows is if it has been raining in the last few days or so and you haven't let your car air out enough (driving with windows down helps). You can get some moisture trapped in the carpet etc, making the inside of the car slightly more humid than outside. So many different variables.

DJKOR, You'd be an expert on water getting in.

And there is a good reason why I hate it every time it rains.

Jeff,

I have the same problem with windows fogging up internally.

I have only every had this issue with the aurion and no other car i have ever owned.

Like Dj said either crack your window slighly open or just crack your heater on slow

AUR30N

Jeff,

I have the same problem with windows fogging up internally.

I have only every had this issue with the aurion and no other car i have ever owned.

Like Dj said either crack your window slighly open or just crack your heater on slow

AUR30N

Cheers! I thought it was just me.

You could also give Anti-Fog by Rain-X a try. My rear window used to fog up like crazy and I applied a small amount of it and it's much better now. It doesn't eliminate it completely, though it does do a great job. But, I did a half assed job at the time so that could be why.