HID 6000k installed

Hi. guys..

I just install HID 6000k on my 03' kluger grande.

I got it from ebay just under $100 bucks include freight form HK. it's execellent... it's so bright.. (have to adjust the headlight down abit). It's so WHITE, i can see every details on the road. all road sign reflected back the correct color...

Will recomment to all Kluger driver who drive alot at night.

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh*...

i HAD my accident with the HID installed in my Yaris and AAMI covered every bit of my ****...

I rang AAMI.... and they say its all 100% cover by them..

they say its legal for headlight... but illegal if installed on fog light...

Might be ok 'till you get an insurance inspector that finds HIDs on your smashed up Kluger. Then AAMI may not be willing to pay you out. Worse consequences is police find that it contributed to an accident.

I was at fault with my beloved Yaris, towed to AAMI assessment centre had a good look at it, paid my excess and got the car back after 2 weeks (Christmas period...)

So I dnt know what you on about Colonel...

P/S oh yeah the police did came too but they had better things to do and ask us to call in the tow trucks instead...

Edited by Speedz

I was at fault with my beloved Yaris, towed to AAMI assessment centre had a good look at it, paid my excess and got the car back after 2 weeks (Christmas period...)

P/S oh yeah the police did came too but they had better things to do and ask us to call in the tow trucks instead...

but i think colonel has a point since aftermarket hids are illegal. if the police realise that then your car won't be covered.

but i think colonel has a point since aftermarket hids are illegal. if the police realise that then your car won't be covered.

Yeah Speedz, they are illegal. I am with Colonel on this one. Just because you managed to get away with it, doesn't necessarily mean it's alright. It's like saying speeding is alright because I haven't been caught.

By putting HID's in, you run the risk of getting defected and then invalidating your insurance claim. For example, if you have an accident and the other party files a claim mentioning that your lights were bright and impaired their vision, then when they assess your car, they are going to look at things such as your headlights.

For example, if you have an accident and the other party files a claim mentioning that your lights were bright and impaired their vision, then when they assess your car, they are going to look at things such as your headlights.

Yes, and 6,000K is just stupid. Euro and Japanese cars that come with HID from the factory are only 4,000K to 4,300K (approx same as daylight) because it's the best/safest color. 6,000K will cause quite a bit of glare. The insurance acessor may not have noticed the HIDs but if your car looked ricy or if there was any hint that the accident was caused by glaring headlights then you wouldn't have got any insurance and you would have got a nice fine and demerit points to boot. This has been covered in various forums. Google is your friend. A recommended alternative to HID (since HID is illegal) is Philips Xtreme or Crystal halogen bulbs.

Alot of the Aurions also upgrade to HID as well some well over 6000k... and plenty of Jazz upgraded too etc whether they are projector housing or halogen housing, if i get caught then so be it but after having it on for 3 years day in and out (i drive my car everyday...) havent gotten into any strife with the men in blue...

^ That said though, I'm still sticking with my 8000k HID's. I was just supporting the argument that it is illegal and can be one reason to invalidate an insurance claim. I'm not going to argue other factors, ie colour temperatures.

Anyway since my insurance AAMI said nothing about my car being defective or received any defective slips from the men in blue the HID stays on both cars... :D

Anyway since my insurance AAMI said nothing about my car being defective or received any defective slips from the men in blue the HID stays on both cars... :D

Just remember, if you ever have an accident and you aren't covered, you only have yourself to blame.

^

DJKOR...

read my post I did had an accident last year or 8 months ago and insurance covered it nicely without any dramas whatsoever...

Speedz...

read DJKOR's post

"Yeah Speedz, they are illegal. I am with Colonel on this one. Just because you managed to get away with it, doesn't necessarily mean it's alright. It's like saying speeding is alright because I haven't been caught."

Well its like the pot calling the kettle black right here Chicken... LOL

And the fact that the insurance covered the whole situation without any dramas i dont see it as getting away with it, its not fraud mate...

Edited by Speedz

Okay this is starting to just become a circular debate. My last post stated a potential situation:

Just remember, if you ever have an accident and you aren't covered, you only have yourself to blame.

That is to say, should an accident ever occur and the other party blames it on your headlights, then yours get checked, etc, etc.... THEN that is something you'll need to bear.

I'm not saying that it is always a problem, I'm just saying that you are using those HID's at your own risk.

From reading how you are discussing it, I don't think you are getting the main point of this discussion. The point we are saying is that it is an illegal modification, and this means that there is always the possibility that your insurance may be void. This was stated way back at the beginning from Colonel:

That's illegal and dangerous. You may not be covered by insurance in the event of an accident.

See the key words here are 'if' and 'may' etc, not 'will'.

See the key words here are 'if' and 'may' etc, not 'will'.

Insurance companies really hate customers who have multiple accidents as they are considered a real liability. If you have another accident any time soon I wouldn't be surprised if the acessor goes over your car with a fine tooth comb. Your luck may vary. I would also like to have the extra light provided by HIDs. Sometime in the future I may purchase HID driving lights for the Kluger to work with the high beams. Perfectly legal AFAIK.

On another note, I think you can actually get HIDs fitted legally. However it has to be done properly by an engineer which is really expensive.

Edited by Colonel

driving light rocks... would lit up the whole neighborhood on open roads...!!!

but the aussie mags ive been reading, i havent come across any HID driving lights reviews yet...

hi GUYSSSSSSS..

Well i really don;t know y you guys are so fusssss about this HID 6000k......I rang AMMI and they say it;s 100% cover on my comprehensive policy...

They say....... the rule is ..

The light must not be tinted...

the light must not be relected in any color... eg blue..

hence they also say.. HID 4000k, hid 4300k, hid 6000k, is alll passssss.... BUT NOT HID8000k or HID 10000k. cus they relected color...

SO I MUST SAY I'M COVEREDDDDD...... mine is HID 6000k

by the way.. it;s only clear white light..... and as long as you used the light for the road.. and not to blind otherssssss..... the stock light will do more damages to others is you point the light up......

by the way... has any1 rang VICroadsssssssssssssssssssssssssss.........

I still wouldn't take their word completely. If you think you are completely in the clear, then so be it.

I will still stand by my word in saying that it is an illegal modification. If a police report in an accident states that your car was illegally modified, then what is AAMI going to say in return?

Remember here, I'm not trying to tell you that you shouldn't have HID's. I'm not on that side of the argument. I have HID's myself. I'm just saying that they aren't legal.