New corolla audio system

Hi guys, i'm a newbie here and newbie when it comes to car audio.

i just bought a new corolla ascent, though the audio systems read MP3s no problem, i;m thinking of getting an all-in-one system with gps, something like this:

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.ph...-gps-navigator/

but, my problem is, how do i go about changing or take out the stock audio system?

where do i go, is there any screw that needs to be unscrew?

and what cables do i need to connect the new audio system?

is there a step-by-step guide on how to do this?

i've asked around from people like JB HiFi and WOW (in brisbane) and they quoted me between 300 to 600 JUST to install my own system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :help:

Loving my new corolla!!!! :yahoo:

Thanks

Thank you so much!

do you know if the gps system i posted earlier will fit on the corolla?

DON'T DO IT SON!!!!

it may fit buy my money is on it wont fit, and could u really trust a product called chinavasion??? changing from ur stock h/u to this thing will prolly be the worse decision u ever make. if its off ebay its not gonna be any good, iv seen heaps of these get brought into work and we tell the ppl dont bother youll be disappointed. yet there hav been a few that we put in and charged $110 for the priveledge and they hav come back and baught one of our brand name units. pioneer (althought it kills me to say it) does a dvd nav bluetooth etc unit but im unsure of the price, i think its around the $1000 mark. HiTv do one also that we have been using allot at work and we sell them for 1800 fitted, its a hitv dn4402.

Yeah Stay away from cheap and nasty is my best opinion, and good to see people looking at my guide :D

AUR15

really? they look allright?

what would you guys recommend then?

i hate getting those portable gps devices, cause the cigarette socket in corolla is in an awkward position.

i'd prefer those built in ones.

i had a look at the hitv, but couldn't find anything for corolla.

advice please :)

budget is under $1000 :(

Thank you!

LOVE the corolla!

was wanting to get a Tiida... but most people i know said tiida is a POS :whistling:

haha, trust me, you made a good choice.

i've driven the tida, just say.. i didn't like it very much in all aspects haha

i wouldn't recommend going for cheap brands off ebay either

i would rather save up for a name brand.

■Special "Dual Zone" model that allows you to listen to music while in GPS mode.

HAHAHAHAHA thats not dual zone, evvery player iv seen with navi built in lets u navi while listening to music, dual zone is more watch a dvd through rear screens with ir headphones while listening to radio or usb etc through car speakers.

■Special "Dual Zone" model that allows you to listen to music while in GPS mode.

HAHAHAHAHA thats not dual zone, evvery player iv seen with navi built in lets u navi while listening to music, dual zone is more watch a dvd through rear screens with ir headphones while listening to radio or usb etc through car speakers.

lol... enough chinese-POS-bashing already :yahoo:

so what would you guys recommend?

I'm probably one of the few people here that can speak from experience with these china DVD headunits and my advice is...

They're ok.

Don't let these guys scare you too much. It really comes down to buying the "right" chinese unit.

Mine is similar to the one you linked. I've had no problems at all and i'd actually recommend it to anyone else (if i could find an ebay link to the exact seller that i got mine from).

Taking out the stock headunit is easy. Wiring the new one is tricky, you may have to take it to autobarn or something and pay $80 to get it put in.

I'm probably one of the few people here that can speak from experience with these china DVD headunits and my advice is...

They're ok.

Don't let these guys scare you too much. It really comes down to buying the "right" chinese unit.

Mine is similar to the one you linked. I've had no problems at all and i'd actually recommend it to anyone else (if i could find an ebay link to the exact seller that i got mine from).

Taking out the stock headunit is easy. Wiring the new one is tricky, you may have to take it to autobarn or something and pay $80 to get it put in.

good to hear :)

which one did you actually buy? if you could please let me know which one, where and how much you bought it for, that'd be appreciated!

Good to know autobarn doesn't charge as much as the rest! :toast:

I got mine off ebay for $480 incl. postage.

Can't find a link to the one I got though.

You can see a pic of it if you delve through the Member Rides forum. It's in my post.

I got mine off ebay for $480 incl. postage.

Can't find a link to the one I got though.

You can see a pic of it if you delve through the Member Rides forum. It's in my post.

i'm new here, sorry, but can you give me the url?

Thanks