3100 RPM AT 100KM IS THAT RIGHT?

JUST BOUGHT A 02 COROLLA SECA HAS FACTORY BODY KIT TINTED WINDOWS STAINLESS SPORTS EXHAUST LOWERED JUST ENOUGH, IT IS A FIVE SPEED AND IM RUNNING 17" X 7" ROH ALLOYS, SEEMS TO REV A LITTLE HARD WHILE CRUZING AT 100KMS IN OVERDRIVE IS THIS NORMAL FOR THIS SET UP, WHAT WOULD A STOCKY BE LIKE? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. :blink:

Completely Normal

At 100km/h the manual should be at around 3,000rpm in 5th.

I have ROH 17x7 on 205/45 Tyres and I sit at exactly 3,000rpm in fifth. It sounds like it's revving high but you get used to it quickly.

ALREADY DID A SEARCH WHEN I LOGDED ON BUT COULDNT FIND ANY INFO

I KNOW YOU PROBLEY COUNDNT HELP BEING SARCASTIC BUT ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE THE AVERAGE PERSON JUST STARTING OUT NOT BOTHERING TO LOG ON AGAIN! I THOUGHT THESE FORUMS WERE HERE TO HELP NO MADDER HOW DUMB THE QUESTION?

I was going to post something similar (without the caps lock key) it seems that every new person in here is told to use the search button, well I for one would probably not have known what exactly to search for when I first started visiting here.

Don't you guys think we should provide a more friendly atmosphere to new people?, We all started somewhere, that includes in both Internet use and car knowledge, we can't simply expect everyone to be on an even keel in everything otherwise there would not be much purpose to these forums.

Just an observation I have made over the last couple of months. Agree / Disagree?? post your comments guys, I have been thinking this since the last 3 new people wandered on here, I almost cringe when I see a new person posting now. We didn't used to be like this, we used to be very friendly and welcoming in fact, I recall we even prided ourselves on how open minded and friendly us Corolla owners are yet we can't even help out a fellow Corolla owner without sarcasm.

Blade

Your question was answered, firstly Blue Stivo posted the link to the other topic and secondly I also replied directly to your question.

Nobody was having a go at you, but understand that, especially lately, every topic seems to get posted at least 5 times.

We're saying ask away all you like - we're happy to help, but please search first, especially for common questions regarding wheels, suspension, exhausts, airfilters, gearing etcetera.

Don't take it the wrong way - just be sarcastic back :lol:

I KNOW YOU PROBLEY COUNDNT HELP BEING SARCASTIC BUT ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE  THE AVERAGE PERSON JUST STARTING OUT NOT BOTHERING TO LOG ON AGAIN! I THOUGHT THESE FORUMS WERE HERE TO HELP NO MADDER HOW DUMB THE QUESTION?

well... i do apologise, u probably didn't even need to do a search. there was an exact post about the same thing a couple of lines down from the corolla forum index.

yes, these forums are here to help. but it's not your personal helpdesk to spoon feed you. use your own initiative to do a bit of research. i know i do, and i know most members here do.

wat did u enter as a search string? perhaps turning off your capslock button and a slightly more precise spelling might have helped the search engine perform better? <_<

I KNOW YOU PROBLEY COUNDNT HELP BEING SARCASTIC BUT ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE  THE AVERAGE PERSON JUST STARTING OUT NOT BOTHERING TO LOG ON AGAIN! I THOUGHT THESE FORUMS WERE HERE TO HELP NO MADDER HOW DUMB THE QUESTION?

Relax.....man...... 1STOYOTA....relax :)

Maybe there is some answers to you that are not the one you expect, but you really should not start firing at people once there is not a "satisfactory" answer to you.

We got heaps of fellow members in this forum, if one of the answers is not fine, just be patient and wait for someone elses' reply.

IMO, I couldn't see any "unfriendly" or SARCASTIC reply to you at all. Asking you to do a search was not a unfriendly reply, maybe he knows that there are lots of helpful information in the forum and after you do the search, you will find you answer.

Maybe you think that "flashing" word SEARCH was sarcastic, but Shao had used that animation a few times before. He didn't make up that one for YOU, if you know what I mean. He just use that to remind people to search for information.

Maybe the meaning was mistaken.

Ok, back to the topic. I don't any problem with 3000 rpm at 100km/h. As my sportivo was also running around that range at that speed at 5th gear. So, that shouldn't be a problem. By the way, Shao was always willing to help even I got a more dump question than yours. Maybe his way of expression didn't suits yours.

1STOYOTA, would you please use proper case for your words. It's a bit hard to read if it's all CAPTIAL letters, thx :rolleyes: .

Edited by Cooley

1STOYOTA, would you please use proper case for your words. It's a bit hard to read if it's all CAPTIAL letters, thx  :rolleyes: .

yeah, there's no need to YELL!!! :P

But seriously, we were helping you out, the thread I referred you too, like Shao stated if just a few lines down on the forum, but the title did not refer to the problem directly so I though you may have over looked it (I know I did when I looked for it remembering that someone asked the same question) so I used the Search function for 'gearing' and guess what was at the top of the list... the thread I was looking for... It does take a bit to get used to the forum, and the right things to look for. We were simply helping you out to settle in by giving a few pointers from what I can tell.

But hope you can stick around and get to know us, we are a friendly bunch really :D as I'm sure you'll realise soon if not already...

Cheers

Dylan