Garage Door opener switch for AT-X?

Alfred Q

Hi Guys!

Has anybody tried to install the remote garage door opener switch into the panel overhead between the top light and the sun glass holder?

Is it possible? If so, where would you get these switches?

If anybody is in the know, any help would be apreciated!

Kind Regards

Alfred

Edited by Alfred Q

I believe this feature is only available to the US market Gen 6 Camry. If you wanted the module, you would need to purchase it from the States. It will be the complete assembly including sunglasses holder because the way the connections are made in there.

Alternatively, you can buy what is called a HomeLink mirror which not only has the auto-dimming functionality, but it also has a garage door remote clone on it.

Edit: Should you wish to contact someone in the States to purchase this part, this is the part number:

63650-06040-B0 ACV40, GSV40..NAP..SE; GARAGE OPENER-WITH, GRAY, TRIM14, 15

This part consists of the entire assembly just like what you already have, the only addition is the garage door remote buttons. This will set you back approximately USD$636.48

If you plan on hacking up your stock one that you already have, the price to get a replacement one from Toyota here is about $206.17. This is what prevented me from doing a similar thing (mounting my garage remote PCB up in there and putting a switch on the panel).

I believe this feature is only available to the US market Gen 6 Camry. If you wanted the module, you would need to purchase it from the States. It will be the complete assembly including sunglasses holder because the way the connections are made in there.

Alternatively, you can buy what is called a HomeLink mirror which not only has the auto-dimming functionality, but it also has a garage door remote clone on it.

Edit: Should you wish to contact someone in the States to purchase this part, this is the part number:

63650-06040-B0 ACV40, GSV40..NAP..SE; GARAGE OPENER-WITH, GRAY, TRIM14, 15

This part consists of the entire assembly just like what you already have, the only addition is the garage door remote buttons. This will set you back approximately USD$636.48

If you plan on hacking up your stock one that you already have, the price to get a replacement one from Toyota here is about $206.17. This is what prevented me from doing a similar thing (mounting my garage remote PCB up in there and putting a switch on the panel).

DJKOR/Darryl!

You are just amazing! What a wealth of information......even though not the one I was hoping for!

Thank you so much though!

Looks like I have to search some e-bay sites as well! You never know!

Men I just realised, I have caught the "BUG" !

Thanks again and kind regards

Alfred

What about placing a switch in one of the spare places below and to the right of the steering wheel? nice n neat n im sure u can find a part to fit it locally

That's exactly what Alfred Q has now done. Have a look at the thread "fuse tap".

The reason behind this part in question here is because it has a learning garage remote built into it which essentially replaces your standard remote. No mucking around trying to rewire the original remote that way.