Tofuboi's Aurion

Tofuboi

DJKOR said I should make a Members Ride thread about my Aurion so here it is!

The 2007 Toyota Aurion Sportivo ZR6, picked up in September/October 2008 with about 30,000km on the clock. It was an ex-Fleet car so initially I was worried but since it was from a Toyota Dealer I somehow knew that it was going to be allright, and boy was it allright! :) Once I took delivery of the car I kind of promised myself that I would not attempt the modify the car in any way.... Yeah that didn't work! Haha.

The first modification I ever did on the car was DJKOR's intake mods and I also went and spent some money and bought a K&N Panel Filter. Sure it doesn't have much of a difference from then to now but you can kind of hear a bit of an intake sound where you couldn't before...Interesting!

Then various other mods came up and one hit the top of my list very quickly after the TOCAU Melbourne Annual Meet this year in June. The car rolled a bit haha, so I bought a bunch of gear from Ultra Racing and got it all installed. Now it handles remarkably better than before! :) But the tyres were starting to give up, especially with 50,000km on them! I would too!

Week after week I kept looking at different tyres to get for the stock rims when my parents decided to buy a brand new 2009 Toyota Camry Altise in Wildfire! It looks fantastic but they wanted alloys instead of the caps they got now. So Dad made a deal with me. He said, "I'll buy you a new set of wheels and tyres, if you give the aurion wheels to us for the camry." Well of course I said yes straight away! New wheels, hooray. But that all changed when they rocked up with a new set of alloys on the car already the next day! Dad said to me in the end, "I'll still buy the wheels for you anyway." Woots! :)

So the day came and I chose the wheels I wanted, a set of 18" PDW NOVA's wrapped in Pirelli tyres and I am extremely happy with it!

I have a few more things I want to do with the car before I stop completely.

- Install DBA 4000 Series Rotors to the front and probably the rear sometime in the future!

- Design a full exhaust system that won't break the ECU or make it cry. :P

- Probably modify the suspension just enough to bring the car down about an inch or so. (The new wheels make it just that smidge higher in looks.)

- Touch up the chips that are in the paintwork, there is a few there!

- HID upgrade kit!

I'd probably do alot of this when I come up to QLD next, look out DJKOR! I'm coming to you for help haha.

post-1181-1248822501_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1248822572_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1248822584_thumb.jpg

post-1181-1248822595_thumb.jpg

good write up mate and again love the wheels!

when you coming up here to the sunshine state? its always exiting when an interstate member comes up, check the thread when Guni came up lol

Edited by ELEGNT