K&N filter

czaja74

Today I bought replacement K&N filter for my camry. I have noticed that same amount of acceleration creates higher engineraves. That might be due to better air flow. I didn't notice any other significant changes. Now I'm wondering if I should keepit or just go back to the stock one? Also will higher air flow increase petrol consumption?

Unless you have a gauge to measure it with, I highly doubt you are experiencing what you have said.

What you are experiencing is the placebo effect... unless of course your old filter was absolutely soaked in dirt/dust. The extra air flow would be marginal. If anything, you should get that slightest bit better fuel consumption... but that's if anything.

Just keep the K&N. No point going back to stock.

Good purchase mate...don't second guess yourself and it is a much better filter than stock.Also you might struggle with a credit return if they notice it's been fitted.I got a K&N panel filter about a month ago and have not noticed any more fuel use,i really like the subtle noise difference the K&N gives with my mufflers so now i tend to step on it a bit more than when it was stock so fuels up a bit but its all due to fun factor. :D

p.s maintaining correct tyre pressure saves on fuel,people forget about this,and air is free. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if you have the Gen 6 (current model Camry), you'd be using the 2.4L engine of course...

Search 2007... 2008...

There's two different types of filters. I think you'd be after the 33-2370... look at the pics when you search for it to see if it's the same.