Right rear tire - pressure drops within a week(or two) from 220 to 150

Smiling

The pressure in the right rear tire of my Sportivo dropping from 220 to 150 every week/two. I only drive on weekends so I measure everything in weeks :rolleyes: I do understand that this is not good but since I am newbie driver/car owner - I don't know what to do about that. It does not really affects my driving - the only hassle is I have to keep inflating this tire every weekend. 5 mins of work - but ... maybe I should do something about that - is it dangerous/unusual or is it typical? The car is 5 years old, sure that the tires are much newer - but ...

The question is - my first rego e-safety check is due this month and I was wondering - where would be the best place to do it? I have bought as a used car from non-Toyota dealer in Burwood (not very close to my place), but I live close to Toyota Chatwood. Dealers locator on toyota.com.au says that Toyota Chatswood does not do any servicing/repairs and the nearest Toyota dealer which does that is in Mosman.

Is it worthwhile to start/keep servicing in Toyota dealers (I want to perform my e-safety check and general check on a car at the same time) or should I try my used car dealer first, or may be I just need find a good mechanic in a Chatswood/Artarmon area (anyone can recommend one?)

Thanks.

Take it to a tyre retailer such as Beaurepaires, Bob Jane etc. You probably have a nail or screw in it. The longer you let it go the worse it will get and could cause a blow out!

Usually will only cost $25-30 to have a puncture repair done.

And if it is in the sidewall it can't be repaired (well shouldn't be).

But just drop t off at a tyre shop, they will find the puncture and fix it as required. Could be a nail/screw, leaking valve, bent/cracked rim. But most common cause is nail/screw.