Double Din doesnt fit correctly

Brad!

Guys,

I need the assistance of anyone that has installed a double din unit in their ZZE corolla.

The issue I have is that the Aircon fascia doesn’t sit correctly on the left hand side – I can push it in and it will click but after about 10mins of driving it slowly pops out.

To try and line it up correctly I actually pop the stereo in and the fascia around it before tightening the bolts – This ends up with the same result.

My stereo has been in and out so many times that where the screws go into are so worn that I am scared that this is the issue.

Failing any input I might plug the stock one back in and see if it sits fine – Got a feeling the metal brackets are bent.

So please and experience with this please give me your input

Brad something similar has happened to mine. The driver's side does not sit properly anymore. I don't have a double DIN though but it still doesn't sit right.

Hopefully it will be sorted soon ;)

Hi,

I just installed a double din alpine unit in mine and all works fine, I had the same initial problem but I put the aircon shroud in and made shore the four clips all ligned up and then tightened the bolts up on the head unit, no problems yet. Hopefully it is the brackets. Let us know how you went with the old unit.

Flugel.

Hi,

I just installed a double din alpine unit in mine and all works fine, I had the same initial problem but I put the aircon shroud in and made shore the four clips all ligned up and then tightened the bolts up on the head unit, no problems yet. Hopefully it is the brackets. Let us know how you went with the old unit.

Flugel.

X2. I had to rebend some of the metal clips - took some trial and error (and shoving)

Hi,

Flugel.

X2. I had to rebend some of the metal clips - took some trial and error (and shoving)

Yeh same, especially the bottom metal clips, but once its all in place everything worked, which was a relief. What did you do with the facia? At the moment i have a massive gap due to toyota making their head units wider than normal double dins, was planning on going to the local alpine dealer and seeing what they could do, just curious to know what you did?

BG Pete here,

my understanding is that there a facia kit you can buy for the ZZE rolla to fit around a aftermarket HU. The normal outlets like car shops that have a audio section should be able to help you out.

If your still stuck and need a hand, PM me....thats BG Pete, not M_M :P

BG Pete here,

my understanding is that there a facia kit you can buy for the ZZE rolla to fit around a aftermarket HU. The normal outlets like car shops that have a audio section should be able to help you out.

yeah....what he said :P

BG Pete here,

yep what BG Pete said :ph34r:

BG Pete here,

yep what BG Pete said :ph34r:

Hey BG Pete,

Went and saw my local alpine dealer, $15 later i have two plastic bits that bolt onto the head unit and fill in the gap either side, thanks heaps for your assistance.

Luke.