Vacuum hose mod for Aurion

Hi guys, i saw a while ago on here someone had written up a how-to for switching the vacuum hoses around on the stock aurion intake. Iv been searching but can't seem to find the thread. Can someone please post the link for the thread in here for me?

Thanks

Tom

sorry for ignorance - may i ask what the purpouse of this mod is ?

AUR30N

well i just bought a k & n drop in filter so i figure might aswell do that too. Give it a bit of a better note

ooh let us know how it goes, if you can, it would be great to post up pics of the install for us to follow

well i just bought a k & n drop in filter so i figure might aswell do that too. Give it a bit of a better note

ooh let us know how it goes, if you can, it would be great to post up pics of the install for us to follow

If you've changed your own air filter before, that is about as exciting as photos of this process is going to get.

sorry for ignorance - may i ask what the purpouse of this mod is ?

Extra induction noise really. Just for looks more than anything.

haha ok never mind, had to take a 2nd look n figured it out now. if people want it i can post up picks of how to do it but djkor pic is basically it. Just have a look where the round cap sorta thing is before the airbow and see where the vacuum line goes. Then just basically switch the lines around to look like that.

will changing the hoses make any difference in induction noise if your running the stock filter?

It is barely even noticeable. To get it to the noticeable stage, you need to remove the lower resonator and the carbon filter in the top of the air box. Re-doing the upper resonator will make in the intake even louder, and re-doing the front snorkel makes it approach SRI territory.

Sorry dont know much about this stuff at all, but what would be the advantage of adding a pod filter? And how difficult would this process be for an Aurion?

I wouldn't mind lowering the note without having to change the whole exhaust

Sorry dont know much about this stuff at all, but what would be the advantage of adding a pod filter? And how difficult would this process be for an Aurion?

I wouldn't mind lowering the note without having to change the whole exhaust

There isn't much benefit to adding a pod filter either a SRI or CAI to the Aurion. You do get a mad induction sound. The installation process of it all is pretty straight forward.

We are finding that with the Aurion, whatever gains you can get from such mods seem to disappear after a bit of driving. We think this has to do with the AI of the ECU. Rowan found that after a while of using a SRI, changing back to his stock intake actually felt a little better.

While on topic, Rowan and I can pull similar times down the 1/4 mile when he has his SRI an I have my stock intake, minus it's restrictions.

That's why you usually hear the guys over at Toyota Nation with their Camry's saying to just get a K&N drop in filter and call it a day.

Iv changed around the hoses and removed that carbon filter out of the intake box, how do you block off/ remove the resinators? Do you actually take themoff and cover the holes or just block off the holes with the resinators still in place?

Iv changed around the hoses and removed that carbon filter out of the intake box, how do you block off/ remove the resinators? Do you actually take themoff and cover the holes or just block off the holes with the resinators still in place?

You can simply remove the lower resonator and leave the hole open. Useful for keeping the airbox clean. As for the upper resonator, you need to be a bit more creative there. There was all this discussion over at:

Air intake mods

Should have a look at that first.

I did this mod some time back, but I never really noticed any difference...

Maybe I should have driven my car with the music off before hand. <_<

p.s. I ripped out the carbon filter today and i forgot to plug MAF the sensor back in before turning the car on...Turned it off then plugged it in. I didnt see any engine lights or anything but when I scanned for error codes with my Scangauge it gave me the following engine error codes.. P0102 and P0000, both meaning MAF errors. I reset the codes using the Scangauge.

p.s. I ripped out the carbon filter today and i forgot to plug MAF the sensor back in before turning the car on...Turned it off then plugged it in. I didnt see any engine lights or anything but when I scanned for error codes with my Scangauge it gave me the following engine error codes.. P0102 and P0000, both meaning MAF errors. I reset the codes using the Scangauge.

I did that once before as well. I got the check engine light and 'Check VSC' come up on the display, even after stopping the car and plugging it back in. I just pulled the ECU fuse for a few minutes then put it back. Check engine light gone, and after driving it for a bit, I would say the error code as well.