Have you seen this part?

Djs

Hi all,

Got into my car the other (Aurion) day and found this lurking on the drivers side floor. I can't see how it would have entered the car from outside so can only assume it has fallen out from up under the dash somewhere? It is made of a soft rubber. Seeing a lot of you guys have practically dissasembled and re-assembled your cars I thought someone here may know where it goes! :)

Thanks,

Dan.

I can tell you exactly where that came from. I've dealt with them before so I knew just where to look.

It is an insert that goes inside a spring that prevents that 'twang' sound that you can get from the extension of them. The sound you can get is similar to that sound of a steel cable when knocked under tension (example is that sound effect in movies when a lift is free-falling).

The spring where it would have come off is the one for the brake pedal. Here is a photo to show how it sits. It is on the side that attaches to the brake pedal:

cimg2896.jpg

Your are a FREAK Daryl to know where that came from! :toast:

+1 agreed a total Toyota freak ;) ...i didn't even bother trying to work out what it was,i knew Daryl would be all over it...and he didn't disappoint. :)

Wow... I suspected that you would know exactly where it goes! Thanks Darryl... and thanks for the pic too! I shall go and put it back on.

Well someone had to answer the question :lol:. I felt like taking to opportunity since I had the time to do so.

Just remember Djs, if you have trouble putting it back in, roll the rubber piece up into a smaller cylinder (like rolling a newspaper) insert it to where you want it, then while it is in place, try to let it unroll.