newbie problem

xxxfbsxxx

hello everybody i have just bought a camry toyota altise year make 2006 ACV40R and this is the first time i have a car so i want to ask some things about this

what gen is my camry ??? on internet i usually see they split camry 2007+ and below 2007 so i am really confused about my camry'shape

and i want to buy a spoiler for it but i dont like the genuie one for camry,i found that aurion's spoiler is much better so can it fit for my camry??

by the way i also want to buy a body kit for it but i cant find any in melbourne/vic so does any 1 know where can i buy a set bodykit for camry sportivo/or set body kit fit with this camry

thanks alot

your model camry is a gen 6 (which is now outdated by the gen 6.5 which is the current facelift model). DJKOR would know this one for sure, but i dont think that aurion spoiler fits the camry boot, but the camrys and aurion share a lot of the same panels

not enitrely sure if theres any aftermarket body kits readily available in australia for the gen 6. you will have to start looking overseas

Don't see a reason why you can't buy a kit from Toyota... might find it cheaper to buy overseas and ship to Australia than to buy one from Toyota here.

As for price? I'm sure you own a phone mate... make a couple of calls and see how you go.

I reckon you should be going for some rims and lowering before the kit... might look a bit unusual with a kitted car without mags :P

I must say, Sportivos are pretty nice looking...

I believe there is no "kit" available to buy for the Sportivo bodykit.. you'll need to go into Toyota and check the part numbers for each individual part. So... you'll be looking for the front bar, rear bar, side skirts, spoiler and I believe there's a special rock cover guard underneath from what I was told.

Good luck anyway :)

thanks first

@whip: yeah i did change a set of new 18" speedy rim and tyres :) and i may try to ask my local toyota dealer about the kit

but the spoiler of aurion they said they did not want to fit in a camry and offered me the genuie one which i really dont like =.=

As mentioned by lateralus, you do indeed have a Gen 6 Camry. The ACV40R and GSV40R are both Gen 6's. In the States, the ACV40R is the I4 Camry, and the GSV40R is the V6 model. Here in Australia though, the GSV40R is the Aurion.

As for the spoiler fitting, the boot lid shares very close upper dimensions. The only difference between the Camry and Aurion boot lid is the overall shape and rear part of it. The Aurion spoiler will fit onto a Gen 6 Camry with no issues however. Just like how the Aurion can use the Camry lip spoiler. The Aurion spoiler mounting points sit in a tiny bit which allows for any variation as well.

if ya interested on an original set of sportivo kit, contact Michael Pitt at Brighton Toyota... i was considering bodykits as well when i first got my car in Apr this year but scrapped the idea after i saw the naristo kit and found out the only way i can get it here is if i parted with $5K not including shipping from the states :(

anyway, their quote came in cheapest at that time at about $2216... if you dont want the spoiler, you might be able to get it down to just below $2K.

i got a set of 18s like you and got it lowered just over the weekend as well as a custom muffler + 3 inch tip installed... dont realli see a need for a kit now...

Man, those rides are just ... N A S T Y !

I need to stop looking at those pics, otherwise I'll start wanting to mod my car ... oh wait ... I already want to do that, except the missus will kill me if I try. :D

I need to stop looking at those pics, otherwise I'll start wanting to mod my car ... oh wait ... I already want to do that, except the missus will kill me if I try. :D

how well knowledged is ur missus when it comes to cars? not discriminating or anything, but there are girls out there who wouldn't even notice you changed ur car as long as its the same colour and has 4 doors...

maybe start small... change something and see if she notices, then carry on from there... bit by bit :)

how well knowledged is ur missus when it comes to cars? not discriminating or anything, but there are girls out there who wouldn't even notice you changed ur car as long as its the same colour and has 4 doors...

maybe start small... change something and see if she notices, then carry on from there... bit by bit :)

Ah yes... they find out. Normally they notice the bank account much lower than it should be LOL!

Hehehe ... yeah, she's not "into" cars, but she takes an interest. Oh, and as the financial controller, she'd certainly notice the missing funds. :lol:

Having said that, if I mope around long enough, she'd let me start modding the car. Perhaps if I compromised and sold off the motorbike ... hmm ... <_<

im lowering my car sometime next month hopefully, and in a year or 2, might charge up the camry!... depends how work goes etc, and off course after i get my new bike ;)

lol i had that trouble too!! ive ridden a GSXR 600 08", learnt from that bike too. pretty nice, but there as popular as camrys'. test ride them both, my old R6 99' felt very confy on long and short distances.